• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 in the Pedersoli's (hawken) 50 caliber . They are top quality in my opinion.
I just bought a still new in box, Pre Pandemic, basic Pedersoli Traditional Hawken 50cal. I paid $440 shipped. It seems to be better all around quality, better fit & finish, & especially a better trigger, than my new Investarms Bridger Hawken 50cal.

Attachments

• 20230525_123635.jpg
    20230525_123635.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230525_123556.jpg
    20230525_123556.jpg
    950.4 KB · Views: 0
I have 5 Pedersoli's, and I think they are pretty good. I have 2 SxS shotguns, a 12 and 20 gauge, 2 Frontier Rifles, .45 flint and .54 percussion, and a .54 Rocky Mountain Hawken. I like them all, but since you asked about a Hawken style, I'll just comment on that. I purchased mine new for $799 many years ago. It is a "pretty" gun, with a beautiful tiger stripe maple stock. The finish seems delicate, but mine is still unblemished after many years of hunting and target shooting. What I really like is the accuracy, mine will "kill" a playing card at 100 yards with either a PRB or Lee REAL bullet, and they both shoot to the same POI at normal ranges. It is a little heavy, but a skinny teen-age girl shoots mine off-hand, and just destroys pumpkins, melons and other assorted garden stuff, and has a big smile on her face when doing so.

I have 5 Pedersoli's, and I think they are pretty good. I have 2 SxS shotguns, a 12 and 20 gauge, 2 Frontier Rifles, .45 flint and .54 percussion, and a .54 Rocky Mountain Hawken. I like them all, but since you asked about a Hawken style, I'll just comment on that. I purchased mine new for $799 many years ago. It is a "pretty" gun, with a beautiful tiger stripe maple stock. The finish seems delicate, but mine is still unblemished after many years of hunting and target shooting. What I really like is the accuracy, mine will "kill" a playing card at 100 yards with either a PRB or Lee REAL bullet, and they both shoot to the same POI at normal ranges. It is a little heavy, but a skinny teen-age girl shoots mine off-hand, and just destroys pumpkins, melons and other assorted garden stuff, and has a big smile on her face when doing so.
great post thank you.

Back