• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Traditional Hawken .58 Flint

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is $450 a good price on the Pedersoli Traditional Hawken in .58 flintlock? :confused: New they go for over $600. The one I am looking at is probably 95%+ with a couple of minor wood blemishes that I suspect will buff right out. :)

I'm no expert by any means, but, I think I would say yes to buying it at that price.

First, because it's a 58cal.
Second, because it's a flinter.

Pedrasoli is typically a good name brand and of better quality.

So only MHO it sounds good to me.

Hi, my 2 cents worth.
Pedersoli has been making fine guns for many years.
The rifle that you speak of is a generic version of some kind of traditional Hawken type of gun.
Their resale price goes anywhere from $200 to $450
There are many look-a-like of this rifle ( see Traditions, Invest Arms )
For the amount of money you are mentioning, you can get a very good Lyman GPR, one of the very best shooting guns on the market, and a close replica of an original rifle.
Also a good Lyman GPR if kept in good condition holds it's dollar value.
Good luck on your journey.
Fred

If you find a Lyman GPR for $450 you had better jump on it.
I've been looking for a while and they are rare as hens teeth at that price, and if one is out there it's not around long.

I was unaware that pedersoli produced anything in 58 cal. I love big bore guns for hunting, not so much for matches and competition.I think $450.00 is a fair price as long as its got a good bore and the lock works well. How does it spark?

Latest posts

Back