• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pedersoli Traditional Flintlock Hawken Rifle...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa woods roamer

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody have one?? They are on sale At Cabela`s and they look like It might be a good , light Hunting Gun?? The Reviews are good on It but am wondering If anybody uses one?

I think it is better than the old Investarms Cabelas Hawken.

It has the Pedersoli KY lock (flint or Cap), and it has the Pedersoli Country Hunter barrel. I have read good things about the Country Hunter, and know the KY shoots well!

And $399.99 cap or $449.99 flint is a decent price for a Pedersoli rifle.

I have several older Investarms Cabelas rifles, and they are all impressively accurate. With that in mind, if the Pedersoli is even better, you can't go wrong.

I've only seen one Pedersoli at the range, but it looks to have a little bit better fit & finish than the old Investarms - action was smoother out of the box and from what the shooter said, it was his first time out with it & it didn't need any work before shooting beyond disassembly and clean.

Cabelas current sale price is a bargain. You may want to consider the .54 cal (my bias) since it's a little lighter weight, and I've found that all my .54's have been easier to develop accurate loads.

It is a good gun and will serve you well for hunting or target shooting. But, it is not an authentic replica of any original plains style of rifle. It is what the reenactors call "farby". If that is of no importance to you, I think you will be well pleased with how well it shoots.

$500 for a beautiful new 6.6 lb. Pedersoli classic "Traditional" Hawken with a proven lock, patchbox, and double set trigger with 28+" fully octagonal .54 barrel sporting moderner sights focused on hunting? I might prefer to look mine over at the store first but, in any case, what the heck are you waiting for!?

hi there I have the traditional Hawkens flint and it is great . lots of fun to shoot. only issue was that after about 100 shots I have to get the frizzen re hardened. no big deal. keep in mind that the flint size that pedersoli recommends is 5/8 x 3/4. after my repair was done I was told to use 5/8S flints, that was great advice all works very well and less scratching of the frizzen.

good luck it is a nice flint well built and accurate.

I purchased one a few months back from Cabelas. When it arrived the wood was broken out at the base of the but plate.
This was caused from poor shipping from the factory. No styrofoam padding at the muzzle and but plate so it was sliding in box. All the brass was stained and not cleaned! After calling Cabelas they sent another which was packed somewhat better but still filthy! Ask the, to hand check it for problems, they did it for me on the second one. Good luck and let us know how u make out. Art

In another post I reported my Jager Hunter arrived with a frizzen broken in two. Pedersoli is supposed to be shipping one. I agree with you that their QC in shipping may be lacking, but it seems that final inspections with their stuff is also weak (?)

Ironically, except for the obvious industrial finish, the rifle looks otherwise impressive. Hope yours works out but I have learned that a factory gun is not the type of thing you order sight unseen. The couple of three Pedersolis I have owned in the past, mostly Brown Besses, were pretty good, so mail order is hit or miss.

If you have gone touchy feely with this piece...go for it...

Does anyone have a picture??
A Pedersoli Traditional Flintlock Hawken :hmm:
Kinda like a virgin in New York, we have always heard of one, but never actually seen one.
I just went to their site.
That gun looks about as original as a plastic longrifle from Wal Mart
Fred

yes I have had mine for 7 months and very happy with the performance. I did have to send the frizzen to Earl for hardening since I was not getting a good enough spark.
overall very nice gin and fun to shoot.
VTI gun parts is the place for parts for this gun.

Back