• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Trade Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of that before...but it don't sound good. ?!!!?? But I kind of like it. I'll try it on the wife. Or maybe not........!!

So, got the lock back a week or so ago. WAY smoother with a much better trigger break. The gentleman who did the work said the frizzen is good and we discussed flints and flint positioning. I don't have his permission to use his name here so I'll just say that he is a gunbuilder in Pennsylvania and did a nice job on my lock.

So, last weekend, I'm ready to go try it out. Now I'm excited. Load 'er up, first shot....nice!
Load 'er up again, have a ball about 8" down and snap goes the ramrod....:mad:. I have read about these ramrods and just didn't replace it! Go home, remove the ball and start looking for a ramrod. C#@%!

The saga continues..............

Oh, hey! On a sidenote here, for anyone considering one of these. Apparently, since it is an import (to the U.S.), the ramrod is measured at 9mm! So, what the heck is a millimeter?:dunno:Ok, just kidding. However, if one needs to order a ramrod, you want it to fit through your thimbles!

Geez Brit.....you have to know that those are not common to us here in the US!? I mean....I get it but really? 23/64? Damn man! We're like 3/8", 1/4"' maybe 5 0r 7 sixteenths but come on! We're Americans and we have to take off our shoes to measure!

Geez Brit.....you have to know that those are not common to us here in the US!? I mean....I get it but really? 23/64? Damn man! We're like 3/8", 1/4"' maybe 5 0r 7 sixteenths but come on! We're Americans and we have to take off our shoes to measure!
Lol.
11/16" is close. Can you get cedar arrow shafts long enough ????

OK, I know this has probably been beat into the ground. However, I'm going to open this up. I have read MANY posts about the trade gun by Pedersoli. Alot of suggestions state " with a little work" or "if you customize this" they are good shooters. So, what is everyone talking about? What specifically does one need to do to make them super reliable? Many locks and parts are not available anymore such as Davis, etc. So, PLEASE, help me out here.

Thanks

Davis is out of business?

My issue with pedersoli guns is usually the springs are too weak. The mainspring is much stronger on the Charleville than the frizzen spring; causing weak sparking. I replaced both with casted springs. On my bess I did the same. Frizzens were fine, I occasionally heat and cook in tru-spark.

Back