• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pedersoli SXS 12G shot gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishleclair

36 Cl.
Reaction score
What would be a decent price to pay for one (Used) I have a lead on one and not sure of the value, It looks to be in good shape and well taken care of. Might add to collection if I can get good deal on it.

$500 bucks can buy them if you wait and keep your eyes open.

Fleener

That is a very good price. I noticed you asked about loads in another thread. My Pedersoli shotguns all have a recommended load stamped on the barrels.
Hi TH Bailey, Not to be Mr. Contradiction here but the loads stamped on the barrels are maximum loads for the lawyers but your shoulder will thank you with a lighter load of 1 oz. to 1-1/8 oz. shot and same volume measure of powder. Those heavier loads are real thumpers! To each their own.

Hi TH Bailey, Not to be Mr. Contradiction here but the loads stamped on the barrels are maximum loads for the lawyers but your shoulder will thank you with a lighter load of 1 oz. to 1-1/8 oz. shot and same volume measure of powder. Those heavier loads are real thumpers! To each their own.
Actually the later Pedersoli doubles are so heavy 1&1/4 Oz loads are a breeze to shoot.

Actually the later Pedersoli doubles are so heavy 1&1/4 Oz loads are a breeze to shoot.
The ones I have are real featherweight guns. Even the Pedersoli 10 ga. I have is lighter than about any shotgun I own. Just saying.. The Pietta 12 ga. on the other hand is a real pig in comparison weight wise. I have a couple of American made original ones however that are heavier, about like the Pietta. I would like to have a heavier 10 ga. Pedersoli but the prices on the new ones are a bit rich for my budget at this time

Ill be packing Hornets nest in for cushion wad if I need it and over powder/shot wads are cut from cereal boxes.
You must have some older cereal boxes, the ones we have gotten lately can't even be picked up with deforming they are so thin. 50 years ago we would use cereal boxes to make custom auto gaskets just doping them up with gasket maker dope.
We don't seem to have that many hornets around here so TOTW is my go-to vendor for that stuff.

Seem to be firm enough, Ive used milk cartons as well, Still playing around with what looks best on paper and the wads them selves, they seem to hold up good, pretty much little convex in them when I pick em off the ground. Thats outta mt .410 though, 12 might be not the same!

The ones I have are real featherweight guns. Even the Pedersoli 10 ga. I have is lighter than about any shotgun I own. Just saying.. The Pietta 12 ga. on the other hand is a real pig in comparison weight wise. I have a couple of American made original ones however that are heavier, about like the Pietta. I would like to have a heavier 10 ga. Pedersoli but the prices on the new ones are a bit rich for my budget at this time
Yes. My 1972 Pedersoli is just over 6lb.

just inherited this.... should i keep it and learn to shoot BP guns or sell it? I'm a trap/skeet and target shooter mostly.
IMG_20200412_232839.jpgIMG_20200415_213704.jpg

Latest posts

Back