• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Strikes Again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josie wales

32 Cal.
Reaction score
This is turkey #3 for the Pedersoli 10 gauge. Turkey was 17 pounds 3/4" spurs. The distance was 35 yards and first shot broke the wing and needed a follow up shot.

vdg8av.jpg

Are the barrels covered with camo tape or were they dipped? It looks like the rib is black so I'm guessing tape.

Congrats on your turkey. Season's been over here for 12 days.

What happened to the barrels!? My eyes, my eyes -- make it stop!

That's pushing the envelope -- congrats.

Yes just camp tape. I know really ugly but Turkeys can see very good. I just always need an edge.

josie wales said:
Turkeys can see very good. I just always need an edge.
Boy, that's not the half of it! One season I was buried under a low hanging cedar bush, full camo w/ face veil...the whole works! First hen in the bunch steps out, looks my way and VOOM! Whole bunch left for parts unknown!! To this day, I have no idea what she saw or thought she saw but it was all over but the shouting...and I did a bit of that! :doh: :rotf:

Wes/Tex said:
josie wales said:
Turkeys can see very good. I just always need an edge.
Boy, that's not the half of it! One season I was buried under a low hanging cedar bush, full camo w/ face veil...the whole works! First hen in the bunch steps out, looks my way and VOOM! Whole bunch left for parts unknown!! To this day, I have no idea what she saw or thought she saw but it was all over but the shouting...and I did a bit of that! :doh: :rotf:
Your eyes! I hunt pheasant by sitting in natural blinds and have had them so close I can not move but have noticed they home in on the eyes.
Makes sense as I often spot a hidden rabbit by it's dark eye first, my face covered!

B.

Suppose it could have been but if she could see eyes through a camo face veil, I'm screwed and will never get a Texas turkey! :doh: :shocked2:

I have often wondered if turkeys can see in the UV spectrum as some birds can. Your average laundry detergents have UV enhancers to make the colors more vivid. They could look like camo to us but a neon light to the birds. I may be paranoid but I wash mine in special detergent with UV killers.

stringbean said:
I have often wondered if turkeys can see in the UV spectrum as some birds can. Your average laundry detergents have UV enhancers to make the colors more vivid. They could look like camo to us but a neon light to the birds. I may be paranoid but I wash mine in special detergent with UV killers.

Good point and yes I look for cleaners with out phosphorous in it.

Latest posts

Back