• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Shortages

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW I ordered a specific Pedersoli model in December 2021 that wasn’t then available in NA (but is currently), direct from Italy via IFG and it got to me in a little over 30 days.

My impression from speaking with them and the NA distributors is that, yes, the whole COVID thing and supply issues are (were?) affecting them but its also a question of ever fluctuating market demand equally effected by the same issues. And now we have the Ukraine thing doing the same thing.
They aren’t a massive conglomerate making thousands of all guns all the time and forecast sales of a certain gun type then crank up a production run of that model for the year then focus on another model and make a certain number of them for the year. If they make 500 of model XXX and they sell out before the next production run of them you now have a “shortage” of model XXX. If there is no/little demand and they (and distributors) have some still sitting around a new run of them may be skipped for better sellers causing a longer shortage till the next production run.

I have absolutely nothing in black and white to back up my opinion here and it was just what I gleaned and surmised in various conversations.

EDIT: As an aside, but indirectly related (maybe) I currently have a newish washing machine that I cannot get repaired, still under warranty, as they cannot get parts and have no idea when they may get them. Thanks Whirlpool.
Last month (Feb 2024) the circuit board for my Frigidaire oven went bad. Replacement board is back ordered to early June. Yesterday, 30 Mar 2024, I saw a Pedersoli .45 cal Frontier. There were two in stock at Midway. I ordered one. When I backtracked in the computer to view once again what I had just paid for the ad showed not in stock. But when I later checked my receipt it showed order had gone through.

Last month (Feb 2024) the circuit board for my Frigidaire oven went bad. Replacement board is back ordered to early June. Yesterday, 30 Mar 2024, I saw a Pedersoli .45 cal Frontier. There were two in stock at Midway. I ordered one. When I backtracked in the computer to view once again what I had just paid for the ad showed not in stock. But when I later checked my receipt it showed order had gone through.
Sounds like you’re good on the rifle.
Except you may be eating any hunted game raw.

I, even now, am distressed at not having the wherewithall to bake a Hungryman TV turkey and dressing dinner. It is hard enough to track down a dressing.
Happy Easter. Sucks about stove. My wife would have said screw that and had Lowes deliver a new stove the next day.
I love Hungry man.

I have read this before...is there anything to substantiate this?
Northern Italy got slammed early on with the rice rabies due to the direct flights from the affected area to there.
Since therapeutics were downplayed to get the emergency funding/approval of vaccines, a high % of susceptible populations (aka olde pharts) were excessively infected. The recommended treatment at the time for intubation/ventilation, turned out to not be a good thing.
So, we are here were we are.

I do not know this for a fact.
But I am taking a very educated guess knowing how the shipments usually work for the IFA companies.
Most likely what happened is they knew that Pedersoli had them in stock and offered a deal. So when you ordered it, yes they technically did not have any in their hands but knew they could get some.

I do not know this for a fact.
But I am taking a very educated guess knowing how the shipments usually work for the IFA companies.
Most likely what happened is they knew that Pedersoli had them in stock and offered a deal. So when you ordered it, yes they technically did not have any in their hands but knew they could get some.
There was a guy who sold on Ebay a round 1857 Navy barrel and typed that he didn't actually have it. Some people paid money to him and then were astonished to find out it was backordered. In my case with this Midway order it is not the same. It is in the mail as I type. I lucked out. Maybe someone else simultaneously ordered the other and last one remaining.

Let me vent. "I have come here to bury Caesar, not to praise him." I just unboxed this beauty and could not find a single flaw or blemish. The stock has no excess wood, which would account for, perhaps, not enough web to allow a front lock plate through bolt. The flash plate liner is coned, but I read that it could stand enlarging. Also I read that the ram rod is a dowel. Dowels are not like hickory straight grained ones. Also I noticed the front sight is unusually high and thick. Read up on their patent breech plug. I had a hell of a time this afternoon posting a previously complimentary writeup. I typed it out, proof read it, and hit send. Nothing happened. I went through three human help persons and got nowhere. I had bought the last .45 caliber in the inventory. That was acknowledged by help person number...I have forgotten. Maybe the programmer didn't account for that. Maybe I should have allowed my ad blocker to accept midwayusa.com rather than midway.com. Then I accidently deleted every dot com on the block list! Just gosh darn. Anyway, this is a very lightweight and delicate looking .45. That also didn't get sent to Midway. The send button, for the second time, didn't work. The previous polished and sugary tomb was so well written and less snarky it would have made Shakespeare proud or sick.

Back