• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Shortages

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must have searched the whole country last year for a particular model and caliber, with no luck.

Which brings me to this PSA: there are a large number of websites out there, advertising hard to find items at good prices. Watch out for payment only via PayPal friends and family, Venmo, or Zelle. They are absolutely a scam!

I placed an order with Pedersoli through Italian Firearms Group in Amarillo on 7-6-22, and it was just delivered today-a sliding patchbox cover and a ramrod. I had completely forgotten about the order. When it was delivered I called back to check on something else. She said that they-the eyeties-haven't yet come back from their yearly three month holiday. This compounded with all the recent shutdowns due to covid have resulted in shortages of built guns, and shortages of components. Hopefully they will get back to work soon.

Both Dixie and Midway have various Pedersoli's in stock, but not knowing what your looking for it would be hard to say. Not everything is in stock, but quite a few are.

Are the shortages of virtually every Pedersoli product expected to end any time soon?

I do not expect the production of Italian replicas ever to come back to what it was.
A lot of their old skilled hands died off, and others went into retirement early.
Also, there are some unusually turbulent times ahead that will not be resolved satisfactorily. Bad enough that the production of shooting “ replica toys “ will not be deemed very important to Europeans compared to other things that will be going on. Lots of unrest and upheaval ahead in the near future.

Last edited:
I do not expect the production of Italian replicas ever to come back to what it was.
A lot of their old skilled hands died off, and others went into retirement early.
Also, there are some unusually turbulent times ahead that will not be resolved satisfactorily. Bad enough that the production of shooting “ replica toys “ will not be deemed very important to Europeans.

FWIW I ordered a specific Pedersoli model in December 2021 that wasn’t then available in NA (but is currently), direct from Italy via IFG and it got to me in a little over 30 days.

My impression from speaking with them and the NA distributors is that, yes, the whole COVID thing and supply issues are (were?) affecting them but its also a question of ever fluctuating market demand equally effected by the same issues. And now we have the Ukraine thing doing the same thing.
They aren’t a massive conglomerate making thousands of all guns all the time and forecast sales of a certain gun type then crank up a production run of that model for the year then focus on another model and make a certain number of them for the year. If they make 500 of model XXX and they sell out before the next production run of them you now have a “shortage” of model XXX. If there is no/little demand and they (and distributors) have some still sitting around a new run of them may be skipped for better sellers causing a longer shortage till the next production run.

I have absolutely nothing in black and white to back up my opinion here and it was just what I gleaned and surmised in various conversations.

EDIT: As an aside, but indirectly related (maybe) I currently have a newish washing machine that I cannot get repaired, still under warranty, as they cannot get parts and have no idea when they may get them. Thanks Whirlpool.

Last edited:
FWIW I ordered a specific Pedersoli model in December 2021 that wasn’t then available in NA (but is currently), direct from Italy via IFG and it got to me in a little over 30 days.

My impression from speaking with them and the NA distributors is that, yes, the whole COVID thing and supply issues are (were?) affecting them but its also a question of ever fluctuating market demand equally effected by the same issues. And now we have the Ukraine thing doing the same thing.
They aren’t a massive conglomerate making thousands of all guns all the time and forecast sales of a certain gun type then crank up a production run of that model for the year then focus on another model and make a certain number of them for the year. If they make 500 of model XXX and they sell out before the next production run of them you now have a “shortage” of model XXX. If there is no/little demand and they (and distributors) have some still sitting around a new run of them may be skipped for better sellers causing a longer shortage till the next production run.

I have absolutely nothing in black and white to back up my opinion here and it was just what I gleaned and surmised in various conversations.

EDIT: As an aside, but indirectly related (maybe) I currently have a newish washing machine that I cannot get repaired, still under warranty, as they cannot get parts and have no idea when they may get them. Thanks Whirlpool.
IFG? They one of those "authorized dealers"? Might have to go that route when I'm ready for my Jaeger.

IFG = Italian Firearms Group out of Texas I believe.
They handle imports (main importer IIRC) of several Italian makers including Pedersoli. All “official North American dealers” get their Pedersolis from them apparently or so a couple told me.
Very helpful and responsive via email or phone.
Good to know. I may have to reach out to them when the time comes.

I had a just-over-one-year-old water heater develop a leaky pressure relief valve. Fortunately I had bought the extended warranty (I used to think this was a waste of money, but I now will never buy another major appliance without it. Everything is made so cheap now it is designed to fail right outside of warranty). After they hemmed and hawed through a couple of emails/phone calls, they finally said they could not get someone to fix it so they refunded the purchase price of the water heater. You might pursue that route if they won't make good to fix your washing machine. Then I replaced the valve myself (20 minute job). I bought the extended warranty because I don't want to screw around with broken appliances, but I am certainly able and hey, free water heater was nice.

I must have searched the whole country last year for a particular model and caliber, with no luck.

Which brings me to this PSA: there are a large number of websites out there, advertising hard to find items at good prices. Watch out for payment only via PayPal friends and family, Venmo, or Zelle. They are absolutely a scam!
Exactly! I searched everywhere for a Lymans Trade rifle and found several, but one company on the internet that calls themselves "The Gun Shop" had the exact rifle I wanted much cheaper than everyone else. I almost placed an order with them but waited until the next day when I tried to call them I got a voice mail message that didn't identify their business. Then did a little search on them and discovered that they had been scamming people and the BBB did an investigation and couldn't locate the store at their business address. If something appears to be too good to be true, it probably isn't. Be careful and always try to speak to real people that have a good reputation. Verify always.

Back