• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pedersoli Scout Rifle Flintlock 50 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting I use English flint. The only change I did was to use a aftermarket vent sleeve with a flat face on the touch hole I bought from Track of the Wolf. I got about eight shots on that one flint and I only stopped because it was 4pm and the range closed. I was over filling the pan with 4f though. I bought a new pan powder horn. It dispenses a lot more powder at once more easily than the one it replaced so I am getting used to it.
I have a small powder primer that throws 1-3 grs. My pan is narrow n shallow, so i use about a gr in it. I make sure its powder is to the outside of pan when i squeeze trigger. I have a TOW new vent i have drilled out to 1/16". Betting my Frizzen spring is too stiff. I am thinking my flint hits n breaks because of that. I will have to take my lock off n file n polish it

I can't remember if I took off my frizzen spring and ground it. I have a Pedersolli Trade Gun and the frizzen spring was way too strong. I remember taking it to a 400 grit belt on my power sander. Good you got the TOW sleeve with the flat face too. I use a 1x30 table sander. Harbor Freight sells them for $65 or so.

Back