• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Scout questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Loja man, there are a number of threads in the older postings on building a Traditions kit and what can be done to add personal touches to the build. I too think it is important to make something for your kids to enjoy that was made by their dad for them. Take your time and your rifle will not only be accurate on target but look good too.

Grenadier,
I have read through many of the old post on the form about this rifle. It will fit my budget, it can be made to look good, it seems to shoot well and it’s something I can do with my boys.
So it seems like a win. I like the Pedersoli rifles but they are a little more than I can justify at this point. So I hope to order a Traditions KY rifle soon. I need to save up a few more pennies but I’m close.
So I will probably be back with more questions!:)

Well there's always the Traditions .50 caliber kit, caplock, on sale from DGW....,
Traditions Kit From DGW
Traditions 50 cal rifle kit.JPG

It's priced well under $400.00
Now it does have a 1:66 twist barrel, so you're looking at launching 177 grain .490 ball, but that will get the job done on deer.

LD

Dose anyone know if the Traditions KY rifle will shoot a .495 round ball? DGW says a .490 prb but my I shoot the .495 prb in my TC New Englander. I would like to just stick with one ball size.

If it shoots a .490 diameter roundball, it will shoot a .495. The patch thickness might have to be a little thinner but I would try the same patch thickness your using and adjust it down only if I couldn't get good accuracy.

Back