Well the results are in, Ballistol and water mix “dry” didn’t work. Here are the two targets I tried. There kind of hard to interpret but I used shapes to show groups. I tried everything from 15 to 45 grains. Seems like the 40 and 45 grains grouped the most consistently. I got about 30 shots in before my muzzleloader started to miss fire cause it was getting really dirty in the nipple and powder drum. My shots were taken as follows, shot then wiped with damp patch of Ballistol and water, then dry patch. I don’t know what else to do fellas I’ve about had it and am ready to give up. I don’t want to order TOW mink oil cause it’s gunna cost almost 20.00 for a tin with shipping. Too much to just try something. I have a kitchen full of stuff and an empty cap tin I could use. But I don’t want nothing messy and that good for cold weather too. Ballistol water mix does do an absolutely fantastic job of cleaning black powder though so I guess that’s one plus.