• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Remington Pattern Target

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I had one like that. The hammer actually hit the side of the frame and left a little mark over time. Thanks

I put the 2 shims on the left of the hammer. I think they were actually .0055 thick. I hope that’s where they went. The Pedersoli distributer said they belonged to the hammer I didn’t get any guidance on where to put each so I used the measurements and decided.

I went back and watched the clip on measuring & decided, while I didn’t know where the shims came from , putting one on each side of the hammer made more sense than 2 on one side. I initially took the measurements at 1/2 cock with mainspring in so I don’t think that was right.

I loaded 20 gn Swiss 3F with 15 gn COW … I did use a lubed wad between filler & ball. I’m not sure if a target guy would want the bullets further toward the barrel but this is where I got them.

I was trying to see how accurate the gun was so I shot at 10 yards with the barrel resting on a stand & this was my best results for 6 shots.So I’d say if can get any good , the gun should do it’s job…hopefully so , given the cost . Happy Birthday to me !

Attachments

• E771FA9C-B5E4-4BE1-B8D8-408B12A698A5.jpeg
    E771FA9C-B5E4-4BE1-B8D8-408B12A698A5.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 82D66673-0EA8-4858-8234-D27C2C4EC4A9.jpeg
    82D66673-0EA8-4858-8234-D27C2C4EC4A9.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 44DB057F-A573-4CA1-A9B3-FD942CCE3A75.jpeg
    44DB057F-A573-4CA1-A9B3-FD942CCE3A75.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 40
I have read this post and what I find amusing is people saying a pedersoli competition gun is as good as a pietta are the same people screaming get a Kibler every time someone mentions traditions. Lol. You get what you pay for.

I have read this post and what I find amusing is people saying a pedersoli competition gun is as good as a pietta are the same people screaming get a Kibler every time someone mentions traditions. Lol. You get what you pay for.
What I found amusing was when my buddy Jason broke the NMLRA pistol championship record with a factory Pietta Remington Army. Just the standard model.Not the shooters model.

NSP are you guys typically shooting revolver specific matches? if not wondering why the choice of a revolver vs a single shot?

I understand that. I am wondering if you use a revolver in the matches that typically were intended for single shot pistols. seems a pain to have to load a revolver one shot at a time and it seems like the single shot pistol would have an advantage?

I understand that. I am wondering if you use a revolver in the matches that typically were intended for single shot pistols. seems a pain to have to load a revolver one shot at a time and it seems like the single shot pistol would have an advantage?
Matches have various rules. Any gun and any sight matches to Smooth bore Flint traditional matches Their are competitors using a dozen different pistols for different matches...c

the ones that I have been to, sectionals sand state championship I only saw one pistol category and the folks shooting revolvers were not competitive...

Local events vary. Mostly
the ones that I have been to, sectionals sand state championship I only saw one pistol category and the folks shooting revolvers were not competitive...
Many state or local level matches have pistol events that are good for the majority of competitors. If you want more of a challenge then the NMLRA National championships in June and September. Five levels of classes from beginner to most advanced level . Only competing in your proficiency level ensures possible wins for everyone...c

Are there any revolver specific matches that allow you to actually load the whole cylinder on the bench and not just one shot at a time?

Are there any revolver specific matches that allow you to actually load the whole cylinder on the bench and not just one shot at a time?
Yes all of the NMLRA will allow that. When carrying the revolver or just the loaded cylinder to the firing line it is treated as a loaded firearm. And you can only load 5 cylinders so the hammer must be down on an empty cylinder.

Last edited:
The match aggregates have been posted for the NC State NMLRA match in October. There will be two revolver classes this year.
1: is iron sights. So you could shoot any original black powder revolver or clone.
2: open revolver such as ruger, Pietta,Uberettie or Pedersoli. As issued with adjustable sights.
I'm going to mess with this pietta one more time and see if I can get it to group. If I can I'll just buy the Ruger. If not I'm getting both.

Last edited:
Back