• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Queen Anne pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They resemble a turn off Breech loader if over heavy, They will' work up 'but are not actually a 'Turn Off ' pistol cant remember much more beyond the abbreviated 'Harold Wilson' Grotesque Mr Wilson was a former Prime Minister of UK. looked a bit like that only smoked a pipe . Don't think he got any Royalties from Petersoli though !.
Levitatious Rudyard

I’ve kind of been partial to these things, too. Don’t have one but if one came floating by and I had nothing better to do, you know? I can’t imagine if I had one it would get much use. Probably would have friends shoot it to get a kick out of watching them enjoy something different.

The real Queen Anne’s had a barrel that screws off. You put a charge of powder in the breech, set a ball on top, and then screw the barrel back on. This forms a tight seal and makes for a surprisingly powerful shot.

The Pedersoli is none of that. It’s made to resemble a Queen Anne but is just a normal front stuffing pistol. Reports on quality are generally good with that model.

I own a Queen Anne, Pedersoli pistol that I made from a Pedersoli kit.
It turned out very nice but it had ignition problems. Lots of flashes in the pan but very little booming.

I figured out that the vent hole was the problem. It is just a small hole, drilled thru the barrel wall into the bore and because of the thickness of the barrel wall, the pan flash was having difficulty setting off the main powder charge.
Enlarging the vent hole to 5/64" helped some but not enough. Installing a commercial vent liner was out of the question too because the metal below the vent liner was machined away to provide room for the lock spring. To solve the problem, I made my own vent liner out of a #10-32 bolt. Here's a link to the whole story that I posted years ago.
By the way, the vent liner fixed the ignition problem. :)

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/queen-anne-pistol-vent.19654/

I stumbled upon a heavily carved/engraved?? Queen Anne online, it went in my price range, I got it. This one isn't marked Pedersoli, maybe was a kit and the owner took it off. The proof mark is on the breechplug.
After a couple fail to fire, due to a much too long flint, it has went bang every time. My only complaint is the frizzen spring was WAAAYYYY to strong, the frizzen slammed shut like a #4 Victor Trap! I'm tuning it little by little. But she goes bang, I can hit a paper plate if I don't stand too far off, and I'm tickled. If it was a kit the builder did a bang up job trimming down the wood.

I'll probably have it in my belt this fall during deer season, 45grs fffg with a 490 ball will do for a Coup De Gras.

Latest posts

Back