• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pedersoli poor quality

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure i won't buy another Pedersoli nothing. My Scout Lock n trigger assembly are just poorly made. Like some here for the money spent for it, i feel it should have never left the Factory. I am trying to make lemonaid from the lemon !

If you order a rifle from a builder with an established reputation you will be lucky to get it in a year. Two years is not unusual. But that wait time may well give you the opportunity to put your money in order. Some builders will even accept part payments while you are waiting. But you should be able to pay enough in the first month or so for the builder to buy wood and parts.

If you order a rifle from a builder with an established reputation you will be lucky to get it in a year. Two years is not unusual. But that wait time may well give you the opportunity to put your money in order. Some builders will even accept part payments while you are waiting. But you should be able to pay enough in the first month or so for the builder to buy wood and parts.
An afterthought: Do not even begin to think that monies paid in to the builder are refundable.

That sure looks like a kit rifle!
That was my initial thought as well, but the is no K in the serial number and the finish looks factory. Date code is CN, so a 2015 rifle made before any of the pandemic problems started. Other than the shaping of the stock, everything else is fine. No inletting problems or anything other than the wood being a bit proud, but I consider that more of a stock shaping issue than an inletting issue. I've already started cleaning up the stock, and as a bonus I get to fix the profile of the comb to be a bit less extreme while I am at it.

Had a PA. Squirrel Rifle. Pedrosoli. Got it in 93 from Val Forgett himself when Navy Arms was in Bergen N.J. . Passed it onto my Nephew. He got into some trouble and it disappeared from his home when Authorities confiscated his Weapon,s. Shame...it was a really nice Rifle very nicely put together. The cost back then...$400

Well you can be sure it was "recycled" and some Cop or a friend is enjoying it somewhere.

I learned early decades ago to hoard my $ every way possible and wait patiently for anything of real value, sometimes it takes years but inevitably the old saying "all things come to he who waits" reasserts itself.

Maybe I'm a strange ol Dawg, but whenever its paid off over the long term I feel a bit smug and victorious at having "won that one".
My personal advice is to bide your time and keep a keen eye on whats coming up for sale, IMO theres going to be a lot of good value second hand ML's coming on the market as we ol boys start dropping of the perch.

I learned early decades ago to hoard my $ every way possible and wait patiently for anything of real value, sometimes it takes years but inevitably the old saying "all things come to he who waits" reasserts itself.

Maybe I'm a strange ol Dawg, but whenever its paid off over the long term I feel a bit smug and victorious at having "won that one".
My personal advice is to bide your time and keep a keen eye on whats coming up for sale, IMO theres going to be a lot of good value second hand ML's coming on the market as we ol boys start dropping of the perch.
That's the problem with us old boys.we really can't afford to wait around a few years for what we want.

As far as this whole Pedersoli thing they are a fairly good gun. but the price of them nowdays makes them not such a great deal. I've got 4 of them and they cost less than half of what you guys are paying for them now. Now I realize some of you newbies have limited knowledge on these guns but the information is on the web.I If you have $1,000 to spend on a rifle save a little more and you can be in a Kibler rifle for the tune of 1,300 bucks. American Made,American parts,brilliant owners and employees.Jim will back his product up and help you in any way possible, and no shoddy workmanship.Some of his Rifles you can get in a week,popular ones might take 6 months the most. And these rifles are true representatives of early rifles from colonial times. These Kibler rifles are truly a no brainer for anyone who wants to get in the "sport".

As far as this whole Pedersoli thing they are a fairly good gun. but the price of them nowdays makes them not such a great deal. I've got 4 of them and they cost less than half of what you guys are paying for them now. Now I realize some of you newbies have limited knowledge on these guns but the information is on the web.I If you have $1,000 to spend on a rifle save a little more and you can be in a Kibler rifle for the tune of 1,300 bucks. American Made,American parts,brilliant owners and employees.Jim will back his product up and help you in any way possible, and no shoddy workmanship.Some of his Rifles you can get in a week,popular ones might take 6 months the most. And these rifles are true representatives of early rifles from colonial times. These Kibler rifles are truly a no brainer for anyone who wants to get in the "spor
An extra 300 dollars for quality sounds like a no brainer to me. I would have went that route for sure if I would have known about them

Im feeling the same way. I’m not happy with it at all. I contacted someone from pedersoli about it and sent pics. They said the picture makes it look bad because it’s enlarged and the actual imperfection is small and in there opinion it’s not bad enough for a warranty claim. To me it’s like buying a brand new car with a dented bumper. Since I know it’s there that’s all I’m going to see since I know it’s there.

I’m surprised you even got a response from them.

I’m surprised you even got a response from them.
Yea I was too. The seller finally replied to me after almost a week. They want pictures and are going to send them to the distributor where they got it which is IFG. I have a feeling the distributor will then contact pedersoli. Maybe pedersoli will get serious this time but who knows. Back to the waiting game again.

That's the problem with us old boys.we really can't afford to wait around a few years for what we want.

I think we need to be optimistic and self-righteous about our longevity to hold it all together, but yeah we're in the final phase and time wasting shouldnt dominate our agenda.

Well boys I've been kissed on the arse by an American Angel (as a third party, no disrespect to my two American brothers for making it happen).

A couple of months ago a forum member of good standing contacted me here, after I'd mentioned how difficult it was for we Aussies to get a decent ML Rifle /Smoothbore from custom makers in the States.
After some discussion I mentioned that I'd probably have to order a Kit from Pecatonica River, preferably their Virginia Rifle in Left hand. Well you can imagine my amazement when he told me that he had a TVM Matt Avance made, early Virginia FL Rifle in .50 cal with a 38" swamped barrel for sale although it hadnt been advertised as yet !

Being my preferred "this will be my last ML Rifle" (famous last words) Virginia left hand FL in .50 with a swamped barrel was my ultimate priority I felt the opportunity had literally dropped out of the heavens.
After an easy negotiation and solid deposit, we arranged for the Rifle to be dropped off to my long term brother in South Carolina, which by chance my northern friend was driving by after visiting Florida; I'd paid the balance a day or so before the Rifle was dropped off and it changed hands yesterday in SC to await my Australian Import approval (no problem with BP ML's)

In all sincerity it would have to be one of the most pleasant business transactions of my life, and at a very reasonable price considering the quality and almost as new condition.

I waited years for the right piece to show itself while squirreling the $ away in reserve, this is not meant as a brag, but intended as an example for those of you wanting a good quality ML; it can and will happen for you with patience, focus and a committed thrift.

Attachments

• Virginia ML Rifle FL .jpg
    Virginia ML Rifle FL .jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Virginia Muzzle loading Black Powder Flintlock Rifle .50 cal Round Ball.  Serial number 5741  ...jpg
    Virginia Muzzle loading Black Powder Flintlock Rifle .50 cal Round Ball. Serial number 5741 ...jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Virginia Muzzle loading Black Powder Flintlock Rifle .50 cal Round Ball.  Serial number 5741.jpg
    Virginia Muzzle loading Black Powder Flintlock Rifle .50 cal Round Ball. Serial number 5741.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I must be the exception. Both of my Pedersoli’s spark great if I put a good flint in them, and clean them properly. I have no problem with production guns. All my guns are factory made. Some of my guns are special to me, meaning they have a history, but they are all tools. If they don’t go bang when I pull the trigger, they are no use to me, and quickly disappear.
I do have a Kibler Woodsrunner on order, but except for my minor finishing and dressing up, I will consider it a production gun, that does not mean I won’t love it.

Attachments

• 5FDBE270-CDB2-45AE-8298-439C833DC22D.jpeg
    5FDBE270-CDB2-45AE-8298-439C833DC22D.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Well just heard back from the seller and I’m stuck with it. They burnt me once but won’t get me twice. Now time to go have fun with it. It better shoot straight 😆

Back