• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli poor quality

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To anyone who really understands a longrifle, Pedersolli products are not even close in terms of design and aesthetics. Also, from what I've seen attention to tolerances, fit and finish isn't that great either. Having watched a factory tour on Youtube, it's not suprising given their antiquated production techniques.

But, with that said, these are a low priced gun. I assume there isn't a lot of room for more expensive process advancements. Could they do better, probably, but it's a tough market at this lower end.

To anyone who really understands a longrifle, Pedersolli products are not even close in terms of design and aesthetics. Also, from what I've seen attention to tolerances, fit and finish isn't that great either. Having watched a factory tour on Youtube, it's not suprising given their antiquated production techniques.

But, with that said, these are a low priced gun. I assume there isn't a lot of room for more expensive process advancements. Could they do better, probably, but it's a tough market at this lower end.
Well, you’d be the one to know about production stuff. However, where else do you go for a musket? Certain other people aren’t making those. 😉 I look forward to you doing a proper Brown Bess.

Hi Guys,
Just an observation. When someone posts about problems with a product and shows photos of the problems, posting a response that says "I bought one and have no problems with it" is of no help to that person. They obviously have issues with that product regardless of your personal experience. The logical conclusion is the company has quality control problems and they can do good work but did not in the OP's case. Hopefully, they will stand by their product.

dave

Have you considered adding an English trade gun to your lineup? I'm sure you are busy enough already, but a kit of that gun would be a good seller I'm sure.

Stoeger Rep. told me that all the Italian reproduction gun makers lost almost all there old hand fitting experienced know there onions gun smith/craftsman during the Covid pandemic, now they cross train every employee even the janitor to put guns together no joke. He said fit and finish really slipped down the drain. I have an unmentionable Uberti .22 that has a bent frame because thats How they hand fit now, don’t get me wrong I have some late model 2020 and up models that really are not bad so maybe the New people doing the work now are getting better at it. But it is still a manure shoot when you buy sight un seen. I want a Winchester 73 but am very Leary VERY ….

I have a Brown Bess and Charleville no complaints they are good shooters and the finish is fine. I got them in 2017. Im a firm believer that the pandemic played a major roll in today’s QC issues.
I came into some discretionary income in late 2020 and wanted what I thought would be a decent Kentucky flinter. It has had it's issues. The wood work wasn't the best among other things. I considered myself fortunate that I was able to get it at all owing to supply chain issues, so I kept it. I am going through the entire rifle which will I hope will give me the rifle I wanted. I got a thread going on my progress. Don't misunderstand, I am still happy I bought it. I bought a Uberti 1851 navy that was made last year and it's flawless right out of the box. So, you never know.

Edit: grammar.

I think there's a Pedersoli dealer called Flintlocks Inc. in New England; they're some kind of distributor. If you actually called Italy, you'd better be able to navigate the Italian language!
It's flintlocksetc.com He's in Massachusetts. Nice guy, but he's closing up shop as he's retiring and his son doesn't want to take on the business. I just bought a flintlock to convert my 36 cal Frontier from percussion.

This page lists what he has left... Flintlocks Home

Back