• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Pistol Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked his site as I haven,t been on it in a long time.He doesn,t appear to have any Pistols though.
Yes, but it shows what COULD be done; he's brilliant at engineering! I did mention to him that Pistols would be great, and he said he's considering it. I fully agree with you about the roughness of many-type kits!

CNC Kibler kits are in a class by themselves.
I like the CNC locks, and how they are made, haven't seen any reviews yet.
fullsizeoutput_84b.jpeg

Last edited:
I like the CNC locks, and how they are made, haven't seen any reviews yet.
View attachment 23217
Anyone who can afford a couple of magazine subscriptions, and I realize some are very tightly budgeted, should consider Muzzleloader magazine and/or Muzzle Blasts. They've at one time or another reviewed or wrote about the Kibler kits, and all reports seem positive.
(Muzzle Blasts is the publishing organ of the NMLRA, as most of you know; this IS a muzzleloading site, after all!) Have a great February, Spring is almost here...

Thought I would put a Pedersoli .54 kit together, but I think they put the wrong trigger guard in or didn't rout out enough wood.Even if it does go in it interferes with the trigger.The nose cap is tight and will need filed down to fit on the barrel.Something tell me poor quality control.View attachment 22927

I sent you a PM. I purchased a .50 Caliber kit a while back when they are on sale and am having the same problem. My trigger guard broke though so Dixie sent me a new one. New one fits just as bad as yours and I haven't tried to bend it again worried I'll break the 2nd one.

I sent you a PM. I purchased a .50 Caliber kit a while back when they are on sale and am having the same problem. My trigger guard broke though so Dixie sent me a new one. New one fits just as bad as yours and I haven't tried to bend it again worried I'll break the 2nd one.
Answered your PM

Anyone who can afford a couple of magazine subscriptions, and I realize some are very tightly budgeted, should consider Muzzleloader magazine and/or Muzzle Blasts. They've at one time or another reviewed or wrote about the Kibler kits, and all reports seem positive.
(Muzzle Blasts is the publishing organ of the NMLRA, as most of you know; this IS a muzzleloading site, after all!) Have a great February, Spring is almost here...
When Jim Kibler article were published in 2014 ,he was using the Chambers Early Ketland lock. The CNC lock just started to be sold and shipped with his kits, around Dec 2019, so there is no way there was any magazine article on them yet.
Yes March is here Time to replant the clover.

Last night I carefully bent the trigger guard and got it to fit. Thankfully I didn't break the 2nd one. I also had to modify the trigger by putting a bigger curl in it so it would fit inside the trigger guard. The rest of the kit is satisfactory. I'm going to modify a few things to make this pistol look more historically accurate. I wish the lock was more of a germanic style, but it's going to have to work. I can't justify spending way more money for a pistol so I'll make this Pedersoli work.

Latest posts

Back