• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Kentucky pistol.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I originally planned on browning it but after putting it together in the white I really liked it. Matter of fact most of my MLs I've left in the white, I just like that look over bluing or browning.
So... is "in the white" literally just no finish at all? I've often wondered... and you're right, it does look pretty nice without any finish on it.

So... is "in the white" literally just no finish at all? I've often wondered... and you're right, it does look pretty nice without any finish on it.
Rough or cast in the white means it needs finishing, in the white means it's finished up to the point of bluing or browning. At least that's what I've been able to figure out though many just say "in the white" to mean either or. Many "kits" are marketed as in the white (Track, Pecatonica, etc) which require cutting off sprues, filing and sanding yet others are sold in the white with all the metal work done. Pendersoli kits come with the barrel & sights coated with a "protective" bluing that is designed to be removed then finished any way one decides. They even say so in their literature.

Fifty something years ago at the ripe old age of 15, I talked my my mother into buying me a Kentucky pistol. ( My money, her buying) I had a 28 ga percussion shotgun that I terrorized the ground squirrels and rabbits with and wanted a "follow up" shot. It was a percussion and I loaded it with #4 shot like the shotgun. After I built my flintlock SMR, I decided to convert the pistol to flint. After looking at several ads and pictures closely, it appeared that it was a Pedersoli pistol even though there were no markings to say so. I bought a Replacement Pedersoli lock and it fit right in. I made a vent liner that fit where the percussion drum came out with a bolt. Gun works just fine.
KIMG0165.JPG
KIMG0164.JPG

Oh , and it's a .44 cal

Last edited:
I very much wanted the same gun that you have until my buddy got one. I'm aware that is an unfair statement to make but its the only experience I have with it. His trigger pull is INCREDIBLY HEAVY. Heavy to the point that it is uncomfortable to shoot, I wish I had a trigger pull Guage but I don't. My question is. Did he get a lemon or is this what to expect?

I very much wanted the same gun that you have until my buddy got one. I'm aware that is an unfair statement to make but its the only experience I have with it. His trigger pull is INCREDIBLY HEAVY. Heavy to the point that it is uncomfortable to shoot, I wish I had a trigger pull Guage but I don't. My question is. Did he get a lemon or is this what to expect?
Pedersoli pistols tend to have very heavy triggers.

I haven't fired it yet but from just checking the spark the trigger seems fine in this one.

I have one in .45 percussion. It is used and has some age on it. It's a CVA but looks llike the one's that are pictured here. The stock is black, I don't know if it was refinished that way or is original. I shoot 20 grns of 3f with a .440 prb and at about 25 yards it shoots to point of aim. Trigger is fairly good with some creep. It's an addictive pistol to shoot. It goes well with the two .45 cal rifles I have.

Latest posts

Back