• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Kentucky Mystery

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently bought one, and am happy with the rifle but curious about the trigger. Maybe someone here can help.

The manual says it has a single set trigger, and shows an adjustment screw. But mine has no screw. So I emailed Pedersoli and asked if they could send me one, or a good description of it (size, length, etc.).

They replied:

"The Kentucky rifle is equipped with the single trigger, it does not have the set trigger.
We attach the exploded view of the rifle."

I replied to them, and sent the pics here. Please look at my pics and let me know if someone here might have some clue?

Sure looks like there's a spot for an adjustment screw to me ?

Thanks, Eric

Attachments

• My pedersoli trigger.jpg
    My pedersoli trigger.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Pedersoli Manual.jpg
    Pedersoli Manual.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 98
Push your trigger forward. Does it set? If it doesn't set, then I would take Pedersoli"s word that you do not have a set trigger.

Is the trigger pinned into the stock or is the trigger plate held in place by screws so the trigger group can be removed?

If the trigger can be easily removed, then remove it and compare it to the drawing in your manual.

The exploded drawing provided on the Pedersoli web site shows a simple single trigger.

S213-210.XLS (davide-pedersoli.com)

Thanks for helping, I guess it is pinned, although I don't see pins. There are screws holding the plate.

It doesn't set when pushed forward. I figured maybe it was adjusted so far out, because no adjustment screw is present.

It has a very heavy pull. Really would like to lighten it some.

Was hoping I was just missing the screw.

Attachments

• 20220220_080842.jpg
    20220220_080842.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220220_080820.jpg
    20220220_080820.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 51
Are you referring to the threaded hole just in front of the trigger? That is for the tang bolt, which passes through the stock and threads into the trigger housing at this location. It is what holds the trigger housing in place when the guard is off. No provision for set trigger on Kentucky's (I have one) the user manual is not specific to this model and is sent with all their rifles.

Are you referring to the threaded hole just in front of the trigger? That is for the tang bolt, which passes through the stock and threads into the trigger housing at this location. It is what holds the trigger housing in place when the guard is off. No provision for set trigger on Kentucky's (I have one) the user manual is not specific to this model and is sent with all their rifles.

Thanks. I was afraid of that. I guess I'll just get used to the pull weight for now. Other than that I like the rifle. How does your trigger pull ?

I'm satisfied with the pull on mine. About the same as my Lyman trade rifle which also has a simple single trigger. Bought these guns about 4-5 years ago. The Kentucky is flint, Trade is percussion.

Mine has just a single trigger as does yours. The Pedersoli Pennsylvania has the twin set trigger. ( don`t shoot my Kentucky often , trigger is heavy).

Polishing the trigger parts and a little stoning will greatly improve the trigger function.
Then there is also filing the spring to lessen the applied pressure - but that can be very tricky - have a spare spring on hand!
I have done this to both of my Pedersoli Kentucky rifles, and I am much happier with them now.

Polishing the trigger parts and a little stoning will greatly improve the trigger function.
Then there is also filing the spring to lessen the applied pressure - but that can be very tricky - have a spare spring on hand!
I have done this to both of my Pedersoli Kentucky rifles, and I am much happier with them now.

Thanks, I figured I'd be going that route eventually. Have done that to a couple Pietta 51 navy's, and they are much better.

Thanks, Eric

Back