Pedersoli kentucky kit remodeled

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Reaction score
Here I took a Pedersoli Kentucky kit and modified it heavily to resemble a more period correct smoothrifle, with the Virginia style in mind. I filed the barrel octagon to round, added a new brass front sight, trigger guard from TOTW and shaped the comb to more resemble the rifle styles I had in mind. Great shooter, won me a trade blanket at a shoot with it.

Attachments

Hawken1980

40 Cal
Reaction score
Here I took a Pedersoli Kentucky kit and modified it heavily to resemble a more period correct smoothrifle, with the Virginia style in mind. I filed the barrel octagon to round, added a new brass front sight, trigger guard from TOTW and shaped the comb to more resemble the rifle styles I had in mind. Great shooter, won me a trade blanket at a shoot with it.
Looks good. Like the rework.

Notchy Bob

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Good job! It's a much nicer rifle now.

Have you had any issues with the Pedersoli lock?

Notchy Bob

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great!

Reaction score
Good job! It's a much nicer rifle now.

Have you had any issues with the Pedersoli lock?

Notchy Bob
The lock has performed really well, I have only had misfires when I neglected keeping a good sharp rock on it, just like any other flintlock would

MSW

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
nice looking [smooth] rifle :)

Craig "Wildcat" Wilcox

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Most of Pedersoli's firearms, while not much to look at if you like more correct (HC) ones, are splendidly accurate. I had one of those Kentucky's while out in Oklahoma, $300 for the "factory demo"! Went to sight it in at 100 yards, from prone. First shot ticked the bull at 10 o'clock, next one just to the right of the first, 3rd one touched both to make a 3-leaf clover. Decided I didn't need to adjust sights....