• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Pedersoli Kentucky 45 Caplock Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pedersoli 45 percussion built from kit and was browned, not blued. Has not been shot. $285 includes shipping to lower 48 where legal.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Still for sale? I am interested. Questions, is the drum fully tightened in the pictures? I mean is there any play in the drum? I ask because of problems I have had problems in the past when purchasing these, where I find the drum is not fully tightened and when it is tightened the hammer is not properly aligned with the nipple in the drum. The brown job looks great and if it has not been shot like you say and the bore is great I may just buy it from you but I want to make sure that the hammer and nipple are properly aligned when the drum is fully clocked tight. Let me know.

Still for sale? I am interested. Questions, is the drum fully tightened in the pictures? I mean is there any play in the drum? I ask because of problems I have had problems in the past when purchasing these, where I find the drum is not fully tightened and when it is tightened the hammer is not properly aligned with the nipple in the drum. The brown job looks great and if it has not been shot like you say and the bore is great I may just buy it from you but I want to make sure that the hammer and nipple are properly aligned when the drum is fully clocked tight. Let me know.

Just a friendly FYI on drum adjustment. A small thin shim cut from any metal will not show and works well. Brass, Alum. can, heavy Alum foil. just cut and try...c

Im not sure what you mean by that. The bore is .445 I believe the same as when Pedersoli used to call these .44 cal. I do have one of those earlier .44’s in a flintlock. I could dig it out and measure. I was going to list it anyway at some point.
I used .440 balls in that when I used to shoot it.

I dug out my calipers and near as I can tell both are around .447-..450. Im not a machinist though, so might be off a hair.
As flintleather suggested, .433 balls would likley work well too, just with a thicker patch.

Latest posts

Back