• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pedersoli Jaeger Target pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryK

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I got it delivered. Lapped the barrel, made aperture a bit bigger, replaced front and rear sights, added new Jaeger sling.
This version is a little longer and heavier than the standard Jaeger from Pedersoli. It also has a slower twist as compared to the satndard model. I think twist is 1/60 or so.
I did not shoot it yet because I just got the sights delivered. While not original I like the new rear folding sight. Folded it aloows a good picture with the aperature, and with aperture removed the folder is very sharp.

SzUFg2S.jpg

54 caliber is the only way they sell them. I think a 58 or 62 would be a lot better for weight, and nix the patent breech.

For a production they are a nice looking gun. I built a TOTW one in .54 cal with fancy maple, turned out good, but would not do another one. Keep us posted on how it shoots.

Beautiful rifle! Don’t overthink the patent breech. I have numerous pedersoli guns and I’ve never had an issue with any of them. If the barrel is removed use the old bucket of water and pumping method to clean. If it’s a fixed/pinned barrel I just use a 32 cal brush and a patch to clean the breech a few swipes and clean the rest of the barrel as normal.

The sling was recommended on this site. Muzzleloader, Rifle and shotgun slings

They are a few hours away, but I ordered it online. In my hands less than a week. Funny but I had the same sling on another Jaeger I sold. Never knew where it came from. I did like it on the other Jaeger.

Sad to say I have a nutty job and we are pretty busy, another guy quit, so I have to pick up that slack a while. So it will be a while until I shoot the first balls.

I really like the looks myself. More now that I have it in my hands. I had a Mortimer, and it was also beautiful, but this one may be a tiny better to my eyes. Both ate heavy, but I think the Mortimer was 2 pounds more. Cool for the range but a bit much to trek the woods. Fit and finish are pretty good, but the trigger guard screw is a bit long, so the tigger guard is proud on one end. Silly they did not fit the screw. The tang is below the wood line. The stock pins are generally proud and don't blend well in their placement. So it is a production gun and I feel most builders would have remidied those issues.

Anyway I am very tickled with it so far. It holds very nice for me, so I think it will drill those balls. I was going to start with 55 grains 3F Goex, and a 230 ball and 0.18 patch. I'll go from there. Light loads are for the range, Ill probably be at 80 grains for whitetail. The rifle will let me know what works.

Latest posts

Back