• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pedersoli Indian Trade Musket questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the stuff I use. It’s taken off paint, varnish, and the factory finishes off a T/C, my Investarms Bridger, an India-made fusil de chasse, a painted wooden chest, and a few tool handles. I’ve used it indoors, though I recommend the porch. I let it sit for a few hours or overnight, scrape away the goo with a plastic palette knife or one of those fake credit cards they send in the mail, and wipe down with a damp paper towel to finish the job.
I probably have something laying around that I could strip if y’all think a documentary thread would be helpful.
Jay
Got a bottle the other day and worked great.

X2 on Citristrip. I used it on an old beat up shotgun, then ironed out the dings and dents followed with BLO. It came out looking new. What stripper did you use on the barrel? I can't stand the finish on my Ped trade barrel.

I used a spray can of Klean Strip I've had for years. I'm sure I bought it at Ace, but don't know if they still sell it.

Spray about a one foot area, wait, wipe down with a green sanding pad while rinsing with hot water. Ace also sells (presently) the green sanding pads... not to be confused with Scotch Brite pads. These are different. Cut one pad into fours. And I used the pack of three to do the whole barrel. They were cheap. The whole barrel took about an hour start to finish.
And the trick is: when you see bare metal, don't go over that spot again or the brown paint on the pad will go right back and adhere to it. Move on to another brown area until the pad needs changed.

X2 on Citristrip. I used it on an old beat up shotgun, then ironed out the dings and dents followed with BLO. It came out looking new. What stripper did you use on the barrel? I can't stand the finish on my Ped trade barrel.
I just stripped the barrel on my Pedersoli Kentucky. Used citrus based stripper from lowes. Put on heavy coats and let it sit overnight and most of the finish should come off with the first go. I have a thread going on my progress if you are curious.

Good Lord, it's a trade gun. Nothing more nothing less. Shoot it and learn to love it. Mine will be buried with me. Yes that's real. I demand it!

Back