• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pedersoli Frontier Set Trigger Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omahkapi'si

Frontier .50
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Evening, how do I adjust the hair trigger on my rifle so that it's not quite so light? Rear set trigger works ok. The hair trigger is unbelievably light and to not set the rear trigger the regular trigger then becomes very heavy to pull. Since this is my first muzzle loader and also first set trigger rifle. Factory setting is just a little too light for me right now as I learn the rifle. I searched the threads and didn't find this info, if it's here somewhere feel free to just point me to the thread.
There's a nice instructional DVD came with it, at least it looks nice but won't play on DVD player or on PC....
thanks,

There is a screw located between the front trigger and rear trigger in the lock plate. This screw is your set trigger adjustment screw. Turning it right/in, it is lighter pull. Turning it left/out, heavier pull.

Just go ahead and mess with it. These are very simple and also very hardy mechanisms.
In a year or so - you will be a lot more comfortable tinkering with your Frontier, The more use it, the better you understand it - and all the rest of them that you are going to acquire.

I remember 40 years ago or so when i was in your shoes.........welcome to black powder world. I love the set triggers and use them on all of my rifles, hunting or target shooting. Greg

Adjusting that screw between the triggers really doesn't change the amount of force needed to fire the gun but, it does change the distance the trigger needs to move before the gun will fire.

Making the distance the front trigger needs to move like you did often makes the gun much easier to use.

Scary Set Trigger. Now that's "Light", when you need a pillar from the bottom of the guard to rest your finger against so that you don't touch the Wire until your ready.. Trigger mech from a Liege made .385" PRB Target TACK DRIVER .. OLD DOG 008.JPG009.JPG

Back