• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pedersoli Frontier Long rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flembo

32 Cal
Reaction score
A friend came by with what he thought was a Pedersoli Kentucky flintlock in 32 cal. after doing a little research I believe what he has is a Frontier Long rifle in 32 cal. flintlock. I was surprised to see no pins attaching the stock to the barrel and no pins attaching RR pipes either instead just screws thru 2 of the the RR pipes. I also noted only 1 screw thru the stock to the Lock and no side plate with a wood screw attaching the front of the lock. When he showed it to me I said I didn't believe it was a Kentucky but he was adamant that he was told it was when he bought it. Did Pedersoli attach Barrels, RR pipes and locks in this manner on other than the Frontier. The other thing that puzzled me was the Trigger guard attached at rear with a wood screw but I can't tell how the front is attached and it sits on the stock not inletted and I can see slight daylight under the front. I haven't found that Pedersoli still offers it. It is a fairly nice looking, but plain gun with a 39" brown barrel and no patch box.

The front of the trigger guard is fastened by the tang screw. Does it have a sweeping, Lehigh like butt stock?
yes on the Lehigh sweeping buttstock but the tang screw goes into the trigger plate not the guard, I believe there must be a separate screw from under the trigger plate into the front of the guard. So far all the pictures I have found of the Frontier agree with this gun. I am just curios if Pedersoli used these technics on other guns. My Kentucky has a patch box and pins for the barrel, RR pipes and Trigger guard , and the side plate has 2 screws holding the lock which is the same on both Kentucky's and Pennsylvania's .

Yes, it is a Pedersoli Frontier "Kentucky" I have the same rifle in .45 caliber and yes, that is also exactly how my lock is held on. Mine also didn't have side plate. So I made one and installed it and also installed a nose cap on my rifle while I was at it to dress it up just a bit.

The normal Pedersoli markings. preceded by PN BF and serial number 76655. Any idea when it was made and do they still make a Frontier.

Back