• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Flintlock kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered this Pedersoli Kentucky Rifle flintlock kit along with a Pedersoli Kentucky Pistol flintlock kit, both in 45 cal. From Dixie back in April of last year. It only took about 10 days to receive both. Really happy with Dixie's service. My original plan was to order the components from Pecatonica River or TOW to build a rifle and pistol, however the wait time was to long (inventory shortages). I was able to gather all of the components from Pecatonica River, TOW and the Gun Works to build 2 flintlock pistols. Really happy with all 3 companies service. Well I finally have a little time to start chipping away or I should say sanding and rasping away on the rifle. Initial thoughts on the rifle is that it is a pretty nice kit. All of the inlets are well done with the exception of a couple of very minor gaps adjacent the side plate. The wood is pretty nice walnut. Brass isn't to rough and will just take some elbow grease to get cleaned up. Barrel, lock and hardware all look pretty good. Might replace rear sight. Will definitely replace the ramrod and not a big fan of the Roman Nose style stock. I will be reprofiling the stock a little bit to try and get a little cleaner look. Anyhow I"m overall pretty happy with the kit and recommend it for the first time builder or if you can't afford a more expensive kit. I will periodically give progress reports with photos in the future. Will report on pistol after I complete rifle. Sorry for the flipped photos. Don't know how to turn.

Attachments

• IMG_2737.JPG
    IMG_2737.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2739.JPG
    IMG_2739.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2738.JPG
    IMG_2738.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2740.JPG
    IMG_2740.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2741.JPG
    IMG_2741.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2742.JPG
    IMG_2742.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 0
I may be too late for this older post . . . but I’d file and sand the groove away around the lock plates … take a look at an original or a good custom rifle like a Kibler or chambers and they won’t look like a round file was used around the lock and side plate … file the outer part flat into the stock away from the raised wood lock and side plate. That will be a great improvement on the looks of this fine rifle.

Back