• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Charles Moore ????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stony Broke

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone out there have any experience with the Charles Moore pistols? I was thinking about finding me one as I really like accurate single shot pistols. Not a lot of suppliers seem to carry them, but a guy could probably find one somewhere. I did notice Dixie and Flintlocks etc. both list them....but really pricey in my opinion. Just wondering if they were worth the price.

Hi
I have one, the black finished one. BP year code.

The gun is pretty and accurate.
Bore is tight, as it needs .430 balls.
For me it has one flaw: the lock.
It is really small and needs lots of work to install the flints.
Not a great sparker, but no misfires.

It is a pretty accurate pistol, but way overpriced, at least for me.

I was thinking about one in percussion, but the bore size is interesting. I have a different Pedersoli pistol already in .45, and I shoot it with .445's. I like the idea of the easily removable barrel on the Charles Moore, as well as the single set trigger...but that's just my preferences. I sort of think their entire line is overpriced, from what I can gather.

Both style pistols take .445 balls and 10 grains of powder works fine. The easily removed barrels make cleaning easy and the single set trigger is great. I have a pair and the flintlock is not cranky about firing at all and is easy on flints.

Some might think they are over priced but who makes a pistol that will compare with them or with the same quality???

I prefer dealing with Flintlocks Etc. over Dixie, try Taylor's or Cherry's.

Checking around, Dixie had the best price on one, so I bit the bullet and ordered one. They are at 610.00 and the other suppliers go up from there. It should be interesting. I have one of their Kentucky pistols now in .45, and it is a good shooter but want to try a Charles Moore. The Kentucky has a standard trigger, where the Charles Moore will have a single set, which should help with accuracy. I see where there is a used one on Gunbroker and it's probably going to go within 50 bucks of a new one !

Latest posts

Back