• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli carbine kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I purchased this "kit.". And I understand it's a beginner skill level but not was I expecting more. The gun is completely together already barrel blues and all parts pinned. The only things to do in this "kit" are to put the sites on and sand the stock although there might be more to it because it came with No instructions whatsoever I have a bag of screws and the sites but no idea if these are just extra screws or what because I have no directions. In the end, it is a Pedersoli rifle but man I wanted to hunt with a gun I built myself. Now it's a gun stock, I sanded myself. I mean a puzzle at least comes with satisfaction of completion I don't think I'll be satisfied with this. Wish I had known.

I would contact Pedersoli. Even though assembly should be fairly easy there may be minor details that need explained. Here is the link to a form to fill out you can use to inquire about instructions;

https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/contatti.asp?l=en
I bought a Thompson Center Renegade kit years ago and it came with assembly instructions. It basically came in pieces, the stock needed sanding and finished, the barrel needed to be blued, I chose to brown mine. Hopefully Pedersoli can help you.

Last edited:
Thank you still awaiting a reply. Now for folks who have done this before because this is my first build would it be possible to drift those pins out to get the barrel off? I would like to brown it. Or would leaving the blued under barrel and masking taping the wood to strip and brown what is exposed work?

The whole idea behind using pins to keep the parts together is they can be drifted out of their holes so whatever they were retaining will come off.

That said, there are a couple of things that can cause a problem. If whatever you are using to drive the pin out is larger than the pin, it will damage the hole.
If the drift you are using has a pointed end on it, there is a good chance that it will slip off to the side of the pin rather than actually driving it out. If this happens it will make a unsightly hole next to the pin.

Because of this, it's best to find something that is slightly smaller than the pin that's in the gun and once it is found, use a file or a grinding stone to make the end of it flat.
Once you have this drift pin, make sure it is centered on the pin that's in the gun and then lightly tap it with a small hammer or something that is hard.

When the pin starts moving, drive it out at least 1/4" and then study the situation. While your studying you have two choices. You can keep on driving the pin out using your drift pin and a hammer or, you can grab the exposed end of the pin on the far side of the gun and pull it out using some pliers.
I've done it both ways and while they both work, pulling the pin out with pliers is less likely to damage the hole in the wood.

Have fun. :)

Not sure anyone really is watching this but I got the pins drifted out. Thanks Zonie. I have to say that brass nose cap really wanted to keep that pin. I was not enjoying beating the snot out of that drift to get it out but no damage to pin or nose cap. To the start of a new adventure I guess. Now the wife said it was okay to hang the barrel in the bathroom for browning. Love that woman.

So the terrible instructions Pedersoli didn't even include kind of messed me up. The instructions show a picture, and that's all the instructions are just a set of terrible line drawings, of filing the barrel dovetail to fit the sights you I'm sure have figured out where this is going. The five rail is now JUST too big and I have to order an oversized rear sight from Track. Which every one of their sights on the webpage state NEVER FILE THE GUN thanks for steering me wrong Pedersoli.

Thank you still awaiting a reply. Now for folks who have done this before because this is my first build would it be possible to drift those pins out to get the barrel off? I would like to brown it. Or would leaving the blued under barrel and masking taping the wood to strip and brown what is exposed work?
I had a Pedersoli shotgun kit, like your kit. Pedersoli tends to make sure that you have parts that you might lose or wear out. I received a spare nipple and spare screws should I lose one. Brownells sells a blue remover should you want to brown the barrel It is a liquid. I use Birchwood Casey browning solution and a heat gun as my wife seriously disagrees with my using browning solution over her new stove. It does put a serious dark brown on the barrel. At least for me. As for installing sights, there be a gentleman named Kibler that has a U Tube video on "building a rifle from a kit" that will tell you that there are places on that kit that would benefit from a 1/4 inch chisel application and show how to properly install the sights. The pins will become loose with too many removals, but to remove and work on the barrel and to yearly super clean the barrel is fine. I received my kit from Pecatonica and they were great. There are others equally good as well. When I received my kit, I took one look and was scared. But with Pecatonica's help, it went together and actually works!!! It even shoots straight. I know because my wife shot it!!

Well she is complete. I think I'm going to make her "chloroblast.". I need to sight her in and maybe do some more polishing. Lots of mistakes and a pin that I had to manufacturers a nail but it's together. I did not get a chance before dark on Sunday to even attempt to get it out. It is by every standard a fantasy gun but it's mine.

IMG_20200719_191718.jpg
IMG_20200719_191701.jpg
IMG_20200719_191705.jpg

There she is. I have cheekily named her "Chloroblast for obvious reasons. Some would say she's ugly and she is definitely in no way anything but contemporary.

I can't see anything wrong with her; she's done, you put your blood, sweat and tears into her and she's yours, that's all that matters. She has 'character' already built in from, as you put it and I quote, "Lots of mistakes and a pin that I had to manufacturers a nail but it's together."

Shoot straight and enjoy your new toy!!

Enjoy!

Give us a range update

Regards
Glenn
Shot about 20 rounds through her and her baby teeth (new rifling as it's a new barrel) are cutting patches and the aluminum range rod. Not much in the highlands of Eastern My past 25 yards so I was shooting about that. One flyer with all off hand besides that flyer they were all dead deer had it not been paper I was shooting at. I will have to shoot her more to wear down the rifling a little shucks. I still can't believe I got it to work that well with the sites that was the least fun part of the whole project. I however think I am going to order a n 1852 kit of the wife gets a job. COVID has her laid off.

Back