• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pedersoli brown bess

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both the Pedersoli and Miroko are very good muskets about equal nether are truly accurate replicas but they are best ones out there they are modern machine made The original were not and it shows however they are reliable and well made .and safe to shoot.I own two Pedersolis one marked Grice the other Stowe the latter has been in service with me for well over 30 years the Grice about 5 years. l also own a Moroko Brown Bess For at least 30 years as well every bit as good as the Pedersolis had to install sling swivel s on my Moroko which they did not come with at least mine did not .It is how ever a very nice musket ever bit as good as my Pedersolis for the purpose I bought them which is Hunting reenacting General shooting as I donot use modern new fangled breech loaders The brown bess is not a target rifle its a musket Shot or ball does it all and well for hunting In New England
Yeah, those new-fangled breech-butt loaders will never catch on!:)

Rifles and smooth bores of high quality cost big bucks. As an example a Kibler Smr is $1200 dollars Unassembled. Forget about it if you want the locks etched and some relief carvings you can safely bet a guy who is good at it probably gets $150 an hour in labor. There are masters and builders. A name commands big bucks. And the results speak for them self. I have a couple of rifles some big bucks some in the $2000 range there are distinct differences in the enhancements. I’m absolutely happy with every one I ever purchased from plain janes to sweet Golden Ages.” Bottom line the better parts the more custom the bling the more money they cost. Id be hard pressed to sell any I have i love them all. Be happy with what you have and you’ll be happy. If want better trade up with cash and possibly other could get it you into something nicer. Unfortunately for many it’s an expensive hobby and you can always make your own if you have some skills and don’t rush it. The nicer rifles I have are the result of working; house paid and small inheritance. Otherwise I’d have less but I like everything I have. I think shipping for a Brown Bess from Dixie Gun Works is free less the over size charge. If not around $100.
You have a great attitude about your hobby! :)

Latest posts

Back