• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Pedersoli 1863 Springfield $600 shipped

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20220531_021013.jpg20220531_021018.jpg20220531_021025.jpg20220531_021031.jpg20220531_021037.jpg

Pretty straightforward here, I bought this at a gun show for $600. I'm selling it for $600. No one is getting rich here. No lower offers, it's a $600 solid Pedersoli that's half the price of a new one because it needs sights and has JB Weld on the barrel. Sweet deal, come get it.

PayPal F&F or mailed payments

It needed a front sight and the rear sight was some Jim wacked home made peep.

I picked it up, thinking I could try to zero it by JB Welding a front and rear sight on, then once I got a zero I'd solder it on.

I managed to test fit a Trapdoor rear sight. It actually looked pretty good, it needed more fitting. Never got around to doing anything with this. Never test fired it.

It's a Navy Arms marked early Pedersoli, with the nipple threaded the same as the originals.

A motivated tinkerer could make this into a nice looking shooter. Stock is solid. Bore is good. Action is tight. Would make a nice Skirmish shooter, range shooter, budget reenactor piece. A rear and front sight could easily be installed. I simply bought a brand new Pedersoli CS Richmond and gave up on messing with this one.

With Good condition ArmiSport 61's going for $1000 on GunBroker, I honestly hope someone snaps this up.

What is the bore like on this one?
Bore is sharp and shiny , I'll take more pics

I believe this may have been a rifle someone had set up , or tried to, for Skirmish shooting. The muzzle has been "squared off" presumably to help crack open paper cartridges in matches and it had a rear peep that was hastily rigged up. I'm assuming it once had a tall front sight also

N-SSA rules forbid using paper cartridges and the rear sight would have had to use the original 61 base with leaves modified to a peep or taller. Easy to refit the correct sights and still a deal as is.
Maybe a reenactor who didn't want to bite blanks open?

The muzzle has definitely been squared off unless it just came from Pedersoli like that , in I assume the 1980s or 90s when this was made.

A Pedersoli rear sight and a front blade is probably about 40-50 bucks, someone could epoxy, braze or solder on a front sight and install the rear.

It's actually a good looking rifle with the patina and honest little bit of stock handling , at first sight you would probably think it's a nice original. Maybe a good base rifle for a defarb from Lodgewood.

If I weren't increasingly getting into the Enfield-type rifles and .69 Smoothbores I'd have done something with this, but I can only shoot one at a time and my time for projects is pretty much 0.

I'm interested in this one, but just a few minutes ago may have found another one that is more in line with what I want. I sent a private message, and another one to follow up.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Notchy Bob

Last edited:
Back