• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pedersoli 12g Side by Side Year? Value?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is AE , so I take it, it was proofed in 1979, is this correct. Also both barrels are marked 18.3. Does anyone know if these are choked, or not?

I think that means 18.3mm which converts to .720 inches. If I am right this should be an
improved cylinder choke.

Indeed, the bore is .720, as measured with a snap gauge. I can find no restriction in the barrels whatsoever. I measured from six inches down the bore to the muzzle. If I could figure out how, I would measure all the way to the breech plug. I will not attempt to remove a breech plug to measure it. I found this out, after I asked the question, so my apologies to the forum. Thanks to you Greymule, for your response.

Indeed, the bore is .720, as measured with a snap gauge. I can find no restriction in the barrels whatsoever. I measured from six inches down the bore to the muzzle. If I could figure out how, I would measure all the way to the breech plug. I will not attempt to remove a breech plug to measure it. I found this out, after I asked the question, so my apologies to the forum. Thanks to you Greymule, for your response.
My Pedersoli SxS 12 gauge was made in 1978 and has the 18.3 stamped on the bottom of both barrels. From memory I believe the bores measure .71”/.70” at the muzzle. Pedersoli’s current spec says cylinder/modified, but remember mine being modified/improved cylinder. Believe the 18.3 is the metric equivalent of a 12 gauge. Modern 12 gauge bores run from .725” (Browning) to .730” (Remington and Winchester) if NRA publications are to be believed.

Back