• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Pedersoli 10 gauge sxs waterfowl shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

megasupermagnum

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have an older, I remember about 1980 Pedersoli SXS 10 gauge. It is the lighter version, about 7.25 pounds. It is in reality an 11 gauge, with .764" bores. The barrels are 30" and chrome lined. Neither are threaded for choke tubes, they are both straight cylinder bore. The inside of the barrels are pristine, look as good as they left the factory. The outside on the right side has some blemish in the brown finish where the hand rests. I've been told it is possibly from blood, but it was there when I bought it. There is no pitting anywhere on the gun. Both nipples are from TOTW, sized for CCI #11 caps. I made the ramrod, it is hickory, ends both epoxied and pinned. I am going to keep the sling, but will send the special European style sling swivels with. They are Grovtec quick connect style, and fit any 1" wide sling. I'll be upfront, this is the first Pedersoli shotgun I have owned. I don't like the way it fits me, and it seems to shoot low. It may or may not work for anyone else. I have spent a lot of time pattern testing this for turkey hunting, and did shoot a turkey with it last spring. I tried all maner of combo's including the Skycheif load. The winning combo was 100gr Goex Fg, two 10 gauge nitro cards, 2 ounces #6 Lawrence lead shot, one 10 gauge nitro card overshot. This provided my minimum 100 pellets inside a 10" circle at 25 yards.

I am selling this, and would like $600 plus shipping. I'm thinking shipping should be around $30. I will take a money order, but would much prefer Paypal.

0108211239.jpg

0108211240.jpg

0108211240a.jpg

0108211241.jpg

turkey-mount.png

Someone had asked what I didn't like about it. I'll copy and paste it, and hopefully that will answer any questions anyone has...

This one was built when "stacking 8's" was the big thing in trap shooting. What this means is it is intended to be mounted and you look down on the rib, not straight across it. The mid bead and front bead stack, and form an 8. The fit thing depends a lot how a person is built, not so much how tall they are. I was a football player, and have a large chest. I shoot standard off the rack shotguns well. Ideally I like a 14 1/2" LOP, but 14" suits me just fine. This gun has a 14 1/4" LOP to the front trigger. The way the stock is shaped, it smacks you right in the cheek bone. Lighter loads like 80gr powder and 1 1/8oz shot isn't bad. By a 1 1/2 oz load, it can sting. I am left handed too, which may be a factor. For shooting low, a lot of my shooting was done with turkey loads 1 1/2 oz, up to 2 1/2 oz. I've shot it with lighter loads down to 1 oz too. With turkey loads, what I found was that if I mounted normally, and aimed with the middle of the front bead, it would shoot about 1 1/2 feet low at 25 yards. I found that if I mounted normally, it would shoot about level with the top of the rib. Essentially I ignored the front bead. I'm not sure that lighter loads were any higher or lower. I did try some buckshot of more moderate loads, and they seemed to shoot to the same exact spot. I also tried some round ball loads. A patched .735" ball shot to about the same spot as the turkey loads did. With balls, the barrels are not inline. I forget where each barrel grouped. By this time, I had already figured out to aim using the rib, rather than the top or middle of the bead. I remember the right barrel shooting 4-6" right, and about 12" low at 50 yards, and the left barrel shooting 2"-4" left, and 6" low at 50 yards. I played around with loads to try and get them to group. I had moderate success, but each barrel was way different. I think I had been using a .765" ball (no patch) in the right with something like 70gr of powder, and the left barrel a patched .735" ball with 110 gr of powder. Don't quote me on that. Whatever it was, I figured it was ok for deer to about 40 yards. I also found that a 100 gr powder, two nitro cards, and 10 pellets of 0000 buck (.380"), one nitro card overshot, provided very good patterns to 40 yards.

I'm not sure that really helps you. That's kind of the pain with buying without handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back