• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pecatonica Tennesse Classic; Pics and 1st Shot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have completed the Pecatonica Tennessee Classic Flintlock LR. It sports some pretty Curly Maple, an A weight swamped .50 Colerain barrel and a Late Ketland lock. It balances and comes up to sight extremely well, and wow it is fast! I put about 60 hours work into this, and think it was time well spent. It will be going up to Pennsylvania in a few days.

Attachments

• Tenn 50.jpg
    Tenn 50.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 273
  • Tenn 54.jpg
    Tenn 54.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 284
  • Tenn 52.jpg
    Tenn 52.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 286
  • Tenn 55.jpg
    Tenn 55.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 272
  • Tenn 58.jpg
    Tenn 58.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 258
  • Tenn 60.jpg
    Tenn 60.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 261
  • First Shot.mp4
    9.3 MB
Oh my Goodness!! What a stunning rifle. This is a good example of less is more. Great job and you seem to have a gift for beautiful finishing and color selection. This is my new favorite rifle! ................Labrat

That is a really nice piece of wood, and the color makes it pop. If that is a Jim Chambers late Ketland you have, they are fast...
The customer asked them for the best of Curly Maple and I think ergot it- yes the lock is a Chambers Late Ketland though it has a mid-aligned Main Spring that will be corrected. It’s fast as lightning even so.

I have completed the Pecatonica Tennessee Classic Flintlock LR. It sports some pretty Curly Maple, an A weight swamped .50 Colerain barrel and a Late Ketland lock. It balances and comes up to sight extremely well, and wow it is fast! I put about 60 hours work into this, and think it was time well spent. It will be going up to Pennsylvania in a few days.
Beautiful rifle.

Path, you never fail to deliver a work of art! Fantastic job in bringing out the best of what the stock had to offer. Stay safe.

Wow, very nice gun, you've got a talent for this. Your .36 looks great also!
I just now saw your video, boy is that a fast lock time!

Very nice indeed! Good job, and great pics! :thumb:
Larry

Back