Pecatonica Tennesse Classic; Pics and 1st Shot

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

PathfinderNC

Artist
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have completed the Pecatonica Tennessee Classic Flintlock LR. It sports some pretty Curly Maple, an A weight swamped .50 Colerain barrel and a Late Ketland lock. It balances and comes up to sight extremely well, and wow it is fast! I put about 60 hours work into this, and think it was time well spent. It will be going up to Pennsylvania in a few days.

Attachments

BigAl52

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I had the talent you do Pathfinder. I would love to be able to be able to create something that nice. Outstanding looking rifle.

labrat

40 Cal
Reaction score
Oh my Goodness!! What a stunning rifle. This is a good example of less is more. Great job and you seem to have a gift for beautiful finishing and color selection. This is my new favorite rifle! ................Labrat

Norman Brooks

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
That is a really nice piece of wood, and the color makes it pop. If that is a Jim Chambers late Ketland you have, they are fast...

PathfinderNC

Artist
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
That is a really nice piece of wood, and the color makes it pop. If that is a Jim Chambers late Ketland you have, they are fast...
The customer asked them for the best of Curly Maple and I think ergot it- yes the lock is a Chambers Late Ketland though it has a mid-aligned Main Spring that will be corrected. It’s fast as lightning even so.

Pilgrim

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have completed the Pecatonica Tennessee Classic Flintlock LR. It sports some pretty Curly Maple, an A weight swamped .50 Colerain barrel and a Late Ketland lock. It balances and comes up to sight extremely well, and wow it is fast! I put about 60 hours work into this, and think it was time well spent. It will be going up to Pennsylvania in a few days.
Beautiful rifle.

Allenby

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Path, you never fail to deliver a work of art! Fantastic job in bringing out the best of what the stock had to offer. Stay safe.

Hatman/2nd line

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, very nice gun, you've got a talent for this. Your .36 looks great also!
I just now saw your video, boy is that a fast lock time!

Larry (Omaha)

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice indeed! Good job, and great pics! :thumb:
Larry

Latest posts