• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

PBS Beacham House

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Once again the British film makers are showing us how to find period correct items for use in their videos.

The series takes place in India in the year 1795. There are several scenes where you can see most of the details of the 18th century costume at the end of the 18th century. There is transition from the tricorns to flat brimmed hats. The breeches are becoming trousers. Coats are changing to be more comfortable in the heat of India. Equally important is the observation that the flintlocks, mostly East India Company Short Land Pattern Muskets. The pistols are single shot dragoon pistols. Eventually its going to become an 18th century romance novel, but the use of the correct items is still worth watching.

Once again the British film makers are showing us how to find period correct items for use in their videos.

The series takes place in India in the year 1795. There are several scenes where you can see most of the details of the 18th century costume at the end of the 18th century. There is transition from the tricorns to flat brimmed hats. The breeches are becoming trousers. Coats are changing to be more comfortable in the heat of India. Equally important is the observation that the flintlocks, mostly East India Company Short Land Pattern Muskets. The pistols are single shot dragoon pistols. Eventually its going to become an 18th century romance novel, but the use of the correct items is still worth watching.
Okay...1795. I watched it and was trying to nail the clothes and firearms down. I didn't get a close look at the locks on the guns. I guessed 1825 or so, but I was off a little. I thought the soldiers' little hats with the short brims turned up on the sides looked like early 1800's.

Back