• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

PayPal users beware

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is important to users of this forum:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-...users-accounts-if-they-promote-misinformation

A new policy update from PayPal will permit the firm to sanction users who advance purported “misinformation” or present risks to user “wellbeing” with fines of up to $2,500 per offense.
The financial services company, which has repeatedly deplatformed organizations and individual commentators for their political views, will expand its “existing list of prohibited activities” on November 3. Among the changes are prohibitions on “the sending, posting, or publication of any messages, content, or materials” that “promote misinformation” or “present a risk to user safety or wellbeing.” Users are also barred from “the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory
Doesn't sound legal. I don't think they can just take you money. Maybe kick you off, but not steal your money

I have posted the following before. I will not use PayPal.

My opinion of them went sour after I made a purchase using PayPal a number of years ago.

Received the product with no problem. Not a banned item, they are still for sale everyday on eBay. A few months later my PayPal account was frozen with no explanation. Could not get my money. Turns out the company I had purchased the item from was selling something else PayPal decided was against their rules. Froze the seller’s and all their buyers’ accounts until the investigation was complete. It was months before I had access to MY money.

What was really infuriating was that the investigation clock (90 days I believe) didn’t start until I attempted to withdraw my money. They had continued to accept payments after their investigation began, but funds were all put on hold from me. Vendor I made the purchase from was cleared and their account was reinstated, but mine was locked up another four or five weeks, because the PayPal fine print allowed 90 days for the investigation, after I was notified. Got the impression that if I pushed too hard I would need to go to court.

Within hours of getting my money (it was a few grand) after their ‘waiting period’, for lack of a better term, and closing my account from my end, I started to receive emails from PayPal wanting me to reactivate my account....

Just because they reversed this decision doesn't mean they've changed their stance on guns. I won't miss them, as there are other ways for me to donate to charities, and I can pay for gun stuff in other ways. Telling them to suck it had been a long time coming.

Lololol. Like the dems. Mark Kelly ads here in AZ brag how he is working with everyone...tough on the border and call s Biden out when he's wrong. Every thing he ever said in any add I have watched is a 100% LIE but the dem base will believe absolutely anything from lying lips every b time. It's near people.

Yesterday I transferred what money was remaining in my PayPal account and I intend to shut it down permanently. There are some non-communist substitutes like Gab Pay,
Honeybadger
Givesendgo and
Paralleleconomy
All are in different places in terms of flexibility and ease of use. They are all trying to improve. What we want is the usefulness of PayPal without its leftist assaults on us and our buying or selling <gasp> Flintlock rifles and talking about them.

This is important to users of this forum:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-...users-accounts-if-they-promote-misinformation

A new policy update from PayPal will permit the firm to sanction users who advance purported “misinformation” or present risks to user “wellbeing” with fines of up to $2,500 per offense.
The financial services company, which has repeatedly deplatformed organizations and individual commentators for their political views, will expand its “existing list of prohibited activities” on November 3. Among the changes are prohibitions on “the sending, posting, or publication of any messages, content, or materials” that “promote misinformation” or “present a risk to user safety or wellbeing.” Users are also barred from “the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory
Late breaking today (10/8/22):
PayPal Reverses Course, Says Company Will Not Seize Money From People For Promoting “Misinformation” also reported on other aggregators.

Lololol. Like the dems. Mark Kelly ads here in AZ brag how he is working with everyone...tough on the border and call s Biden out when he's wrong. Every thing he ever said in any add I have watched is a 100% LIE but the dem base will believe absolutely anything from lying lips every b time. It's near people.
The other big lie is that the other side of the uniparty will fix our problems. They both throw us a bone once in a blue moon, but by enlarge, both are out to screw us all. Note that when one party takes office (even with a majority in both houses as well as the oval office), they're always "hindered" by that other side of the uniparty that just won't let them get their work done. This is by design, and is exactly the divide and conquer tactic used throughout the ages to keep people divided and prevent them from rising up to throw off the parasites.

I read an article about this that came up in my news feed. The article was from a legit source, but it doesn't seem like a company would have the authority to take your money for something they deem is misinformation. Unless it's in the fine print on the page everyone clicks the accept button for, but never reads?

The other big lie is that the other side of the uniparty will fix our problems. They both throw us a bone once in a blue moon, but by enlarge, both are out to screw us all. Note that when one party takes office (even with a majority in both houses as well as the oval office), they're always "hindered" by that other side of the uniparty that just won't let them get their work done. This is by design, and is exactly the divide and conquer tactic used throughout the ages to keep people divided and prevent them from rising up to throw off the parasites.
All of these "people" you are ranting about are NO different then you or me, you just think they are! According to you everyone and everything in govt is wrong, corrupt, a fraud or bad. That is the real big lie. When are you moving to another country? Oh , you're not? imagine that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back