• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PayPal users beware

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PayPal closed my account without any notice or warning for selling "Firearms and Firearm related products". I sell nothing but muzzleloading parts. I was given NO chance to appeal or explain my situation. All funds were confiscated. Can't say enough BAD things about this company and their policies!

Moments after you PayPal me I transfer it to my bank. I never leave it in theirs. I only ship after I have control over it.
Also, PayPal only links to my checking. I further my game with transfers to a savings account they have no link to.
Good practice but they could still throw your DDA account into overdraw.

Companies do not have the legislative authority to deprive you of life, liberty or property.

They cant fine you, plain and simple

You might want to re-think that statement.
Read up on ESG’s ( government-private partnerships ) that are starting to dominate the financial institutions and corporations.

Just saw this:
"After major backlash, PayPal reversed course and said they will not be fining people $2,500 for spreading ‘misinformation.’
The company reversed course after major backlash.

“An AUP notice recently went out in error that included incorrect information. PayPal is not fining people for misinformation and this language was never intended to be inserted in our policy. Our team is working to correct our policy pages. We’re sorry for the confusion this has caused,” PayPal said in an email to the Epoch Times.
"
Source: GWP

A trial balloon.

Will I don't trust ANY of them no matter the letter. They should all be thrown in jail until such times they can prove they are NOT corrupt. And only via public defender. Ya not very American view but they should be held to a higher standard. Just got tricked into dinner with a few friends. A senator was there. No no problem except it's was a town hall not dinner with friends. Lots of lies.

Had to start deleting myself. This DOES belong in premium area not for sale or vendors. Seems like our views are more important theses days. Who's watching?

Seems like the good old fashioned option of sending a check or Money Order is the way to go. We as a culture are getting more and more accustomed to ( and expecting of) instant results and gratification.
I remember when I was a boy and sent away for something from a catalogue. Going to the mailbox every day looking and hoping and disappointed when it had not yet arrived. But there was always that happy feeling that maybe tomorrow it will be here and I smiled again. Simple times, simple joys.

I don’t understand how any company can “ fine” someone for not obeying their loosely defined rules. A customer is not beholden to a free- market enterprise.

You signed a contract with them when you joined, and in their contract rules is the ability to limit you in various ways. It also includes their right to penalize or cancel you membership. All explained in the list of rights and duties that no one reads, but checks that they did "read and understand".

Seems like the good old fashioned option of sending a check or Money Order is the way to go. We as a culture are getting more and more accustomed to ( and expecting of) instant results and gratification.
I remember when I was a boy and sent away for something from a catalogue. Going to the mailbox every day looking and hoping and disappointed when it had not yet arrived. But there was always that happy feeling that maybe tomorrow it will be here and I smiled again. Simple times, simple joys.
Yes
This is sufficient payment. A money order made out specifically to seller and a documentation of purchase for item, sending it and then that person gets it.
Safe and simple.

No one telling me what to do with my finances or what to buy.

I was thinking as a warning to fake businesses or individual scammers using the PayPal system to burn purchasers. At one time, fake businesses could provide a USPS tracking number to PayPal and send a rip-off kid's toy instead of your merchandise. PayPal wouldn't do anything, because a "package" would be shown as delivered. What's point of going through PayPal, if fake sellers were going that system to burn customers.
I had this happen. I got the money back after sending the toy back to China for $40. PP was supposed to reimburse me $36 for the shipping and never would. I have up messing with it. I also early buy stuff from cheena.

This is important to users of this forum:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-...users-accounts-if-they-promote-misinformation

A new policy update from PayPal will permit the firm to sanction users who advance purported “misinformation” or present risks to user “wellbeing” with fines of up to $2,500 per offense.
The financial services company, which has repeatedly deplatformed organizations and individual commentators for their political views, will expand its “existing list of prohibited activities” on November 3. Among the changes are prohibitions on “the sending, posting, or publication of any messages, content, or materials” that “promote misinformation” or “present a risk to user safety or wellbeing.” Users are also barred from “the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory

Is pay pal now monitoring all social media sites and everyone on them? Who gave them access to the algorithms? And how are they going to fine anyone they have neither the the state granted authority to impose fines nor the ability to collect.

Yep. What was being described as a “fine” would be an act of theft or fraud.

Having said that, I don’t see how PayPal factors into my free speech. I don’t pay anyone to speak, nobody pays me, and PayPal isn’t the only way to settle a debt. If need be I’ll just go back to buying with old school money orders. What power do they really have? Basically, we put ourselves at the mercy of their policies in exchange for convenience.
I totally agree with money orders BUT!!! There are sites that will only process card orders because their system is all automated and have no live bodies to handle the physical paper. In fact most don't even have a mailing address just a website.

PP has the devious ability to charge (back) your credit card for $ you have rec'd from them. This usually comes from a buyers dispute but they (PP) seem to pull this off with impunity. Not sure is closing your PP account and CC account used with them is enough to protect you. We always had a separate CC for PP to protect our main CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back