• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pawn Shop Renegade .50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your plan is to reinsert the screws and file them down I wouldn't even mess with getting them out. Drill out the head and cut them flush. Sights are pretty easy to get for that rifle and fairly cheap. I'd say you got a good deal and a nice little winter project. Good job!

Figured Im pretty strong and ripped the scope base right off the bolts. Good ol cheap cast iron scope base. Gripped remaining bolts with channel locks and unscrewed.

Ready to rock n roll now!!!

Attachments

• 20230103_191623.jpg
    20230103_191623.jpg
    943.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well managed to get 1 base off. Put the screws back in the holes. Those 2 holes arent drilled all the way through. Will jbweld them in and cut and file flush like they never existed.

Any other ideas?
I also recommend the use of Red Loctite over J B Weld. The Loctite is designed to hold threads in place.

Good find and even better deal. It is a nice project for winter. You can customize it to your hearts content.

Well here she is after plugging the holes. Draw filing them flush (close enough). And touch up bluing with birchwood casey blue pen. The whole job isnt perfect but for my first time. I pad myself on the back for the effort made!

It will do just fine and just in time for my first ever competition shoot next weekend!

Please give me your thoughts! For a project gun I think I did ok.

Attachments

• 20230111_204504.jpg
    20230111_204504.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230111_204507.jpg
    20230111_204507.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back