• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pawn shop find

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bang

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Found an unfired 2010 mfr date Pietta 1851 army shorty 150.

20190814_185129.jpg

Had issues with photo size.

There you go. Dont let anyone put down your brasser. Keep the charges less than 30grns and enjoy many years of fun. Got a 2005 Pietta '51 brasser in 44 that i bought at Cabelas in Buda Texas in the bargain cave for $100. Should have bought all 3 of them.
DL

Last edited:
There you go. Dont let anyone put down your brasser. Keep the charges less than 30grns and enjoy many years of fun. Got a 2005 Pietta '51 brasser in 44 that i bought at Cabelas in Buda Texas in the bargain cave for $100. Should have bought all 3 of them.
DL
One nice thing is the cylinder and barrel assy will fit and function on the 7.5" steel frame.

Got around to making a home for my little friend.
20190817_153148.jpg

Still a bit dark. Will lighten up in a few days.

Solved the brass frame for 44cal. Switched out a steel frame of a 36cal. 36 not near as stressful on brass.

I have found some great deals at pawn shops in the past. Here are some examples:
#1 Pedersoli le page, percussion, excellent shape, paid $216.00 out the door after haggling down from $350.
#2 TC hawken, $108.00 out the door, excellent, after about 2 weeks of haggling.
#3 Euroarms US 1841 rifle in 54 cal, pristine, $119.00 out the door, had come out the day before.

I have a pattern of shops I check on regular intervals. The staff know me me after all these years and will actually hold stuff for me, it pays to develop personal relationships with the crew!

This being said, I have also bought some real wall hangers, just to keep up the relationships. These firearms offer me practice in reclamation and rehabilitation. The last of these is an jukar flint, horribly rusted in the bore. I'm still reworking this pig, used evaporust in the bore, hoping for the best! I might have to ream the barrel to .50 and use it as a smooth bore. At least I will have the lock etc, and the cost was only $45.00. Feamir's home for wayward guns accepts all, and loves them equally!

I have found some great deals at pawn shops in the past. Here are some examples:
#1 Pedersoli le page, percussion, excellent shape, paid $216.00 out the door after haggling down from $350.
#3 Euroarms US 1841 rifle in 54 cal, pristine, $119.00 out the door, had come out the day before.

I have a pattern of shops I check on regular intervals. The staff know me me after all these years and will actually hold stuff for me, it pays to develop personal relationships with the crew!

This being said, I have also bought some real wall hangers, just to keep up the relationships. These firearms offer me practice in reclamation and rehabilitation. The last of these is an jukar flint, horribly rusted in the bore. I'm still reworking this pig, used evaporust in the bore, hoping for the best! I might have to ream the barrel to .50 and use it as a smooth bore. At least I will have the lock etc, and the cost was only $45.00. Feamir's home for wayward guns accepts all, and loves them equally!
I just refurbished 2 barrels. Got +.004/5 more groove depth. If you like I can send you details how I did it. It made a very noticeable improvement on the grouping.

Would you be interested in selling your 1841? thank you.

Back