• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pawn shop CVA mountain rifle kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnt rifle

32 Cal
Reaction score
I recently came across a partial kit for a CVA mountain rifle in a local pawn shop. It piqued my interest with a 40 dollar price tag, so I took it home with me. I was lucky to come across this forum where someone had posted a schematic of the gun with a parts list and also suggested Deer Creek for parts. Within a few weeks I got everything I needed and got her put together. I really enjoyed this project and appreciate all the help I got reading through the forum, I would have been lost without that schematic.

I believe it's an earlier model, barrel is stamped "made in the USA" and the patch box has 4 screws

Attachments

• PXL_20221207_220343176.jpg
    PXL_20221207_220343176.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221221_175714482.jpg
    PXL_20221221_175714482.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Yes, no hardware or small items were included, I got the sights from eBay knowing they would fit because I have the same one on a CVA stalker. This will be a hunting gun so I'm focused more on function than looks.

Good on ya for getting it going, but those original MR sights provided an excellent site window, honest.
You've obviously been reading here, so hang with us as you start working loads for it,,
The lock on the MR and triggers have some really fine adjustments that can be made, much better than the Stalker.
And Welcome to the Forum, 👍

Just got lucky, I never see sidelocks around here. Must have been up in a dry attic or something like that to have only a few spots of light surface rust where the parts touched the styrofoam... pretty much a miracle considering how humid the climate can be here. My guess is that the hardware was lost early on and the kit ended up in storage until being uncovered in a clean out or an estate sale.

Back