• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pawn Shop Blasphemy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just left a local shop lookin for BP magic pipes.

They had a TC Renegade .50 for $149 with a dang scope drilled and mounted 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

Stock isnt the prettiest but definitely not the worst I ever seen.
Front sight has fiberoptic.. rear looks standard to me anyways. From what I could see with a flashlight of theres.. the bore had some light rust. Grooves looked ok from the light I had.

Million dollar question is should I go and rescue this rifle.... fling the scope in a dumpster.... and give it the proper TLC and bring it back to life.

I tried haggling them down from the $149 tag and lowest they will go is $140 plus tax which is kinda silly to me. Looks like $100 gun at best.

Thoughts?

They had a TC Renegade .50 for $149 with a dang scope drilled and mounted 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

Front sight has fiberoptic.. rear looks standard to me anyways. From what I could see with a flashlight of theres.. the bore had some light rust. Grooves looked ok from the light I had.

Million dollar question is should I go and rescue this rifle.... fling the scope in a dumpster.... and give it the proper TLC and bring it back to life.

I tried haggling them down from the $149 tag and lowest they will go is $140 plus tax which is kinda silly to me. Looks like $100 gun at best.

Thoughts?
I bought a new unfired T/C Hawken awhile back and I found a spare barrel that was in good shape except it was drilled and tapped for a scope and I found some screws at Fastenal that were the same thread so I cut the heads off and made me some plug screws and just plugged the holes my thoughts were to save my new barrel and shoot the used one and try to find another stock and parts to build another rifle with the spare barrel at some point because the spare barrel is in decent condition and the bore is good and it shoots good just has the Bubba screw holes

Now, there's a turn off the main highway. Lets talk about hookers!
Well, they are interesting individuals... used to be a cab driver back in the 80's and got to know a few of 'em pretty well. Time is money to them though, so don't plan any long conversations. I used to know one that was a bow-hunter. If she's still alive, she would be in her early eighties now I think. I sold her a hunting license once and she had to show me her driver's license, so I learned her real name. Think it made her a little nervous.

Thoughts?
Think I would shoot the scope but I'm biased have 4 now Renegades and on 3 you'll find Leupolds , I like eating regular and hate cornflakes ! What I would be eating with what they came with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, they are interesting individuals... used to be a cab driver back in the 80's and got to know a few of 'em pretty well. Time is money to them though, so don't plan any long conversations. I used to know one that was a bow-hunter. If she's still alive, she would be in her early eighties now I think. I sold her a hunting license once and she had to show me her driver's license, so I learned her real name. Think it made her a little nervous.
Have a buddy, another retired Marine, who's post USMC career was as a sales manager for a major car dealership in Carson City NV. Some of the legal working ladies would routinely come in after their three week tour was done, buy a car with CASH and drive it back to the East Coast where they lived then sell them....their form of money laundering tips to avoid taxes.

He got to know one who would come in every 3 months, one time with her husband and bought two cars. They were from PA. Young, nice looking and seemed to be educated. All the cars were high end Mustangs.

Back