• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pawn Shop Blasphemy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just left a local shop lookin for BP magic pipes.

They had a TC Renegade .50 for $149 with a dang scope drilled and mounted 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

Stock isnt the prettiest but definitely not the worst I ever seen.
Front sight has fiberoptic.. rear looks standard to me anyways. From what I could see with a flashlight of theres.. the bore had some light rust. Grooves looked ok from the light I had.

Million dollar question is should I go and rescue this rifle.... fling the scope in a dumpster.... and give it the proper TLC and bring it back to life.

I tried haggling them down from the $149 tag and lowest they will go is $140 plus tax which is kinda silly to me. Looks like $100 gun at best.

Thoughts?
I'd go with the 140 and do the project.

They had a TC Renegade .50 for $149 with a dang scope drilled and mounted 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

Front sight has fiberoptic.. rear looks standard to me anyways. From what I could see with a flashlight of theres.. the bore had some light rust. Grooves looked ok from the light I had.

Million dollar question is should I go and rescue this rifle.... fling the scope in a dumpster.... and give it the proper TLC and bring it back to life.

I tried haggling them down from the $149 tag and lowest they will go is $140 plus tax which is kinda silly to me. Looks like $100 gun at best.

Thoughts?
Buy it.

Thoughts?
I suspect you already know what you're gonna do. Depending on how low you're trying to get them, stopping by every week or so to haggle for entertainment value is possible. Who knows another rifle/pistol/shotgun might come out of pawn for you to grab. Winter's just started, so its not too late for wintering over project. As suggested in the replies, you could always 'part' it out worst case.

OP.

You're currently online. Why are you online? You should be beating feet to the pawn shop. One Fiddy for a TC is a no brainer.

Log off. Start driving.

Oh! And pics.
I could not agree more. Make it a project rifle and have fun with it. It might not be a “classic” BP rifle when your done with it but it will be shootable and safe.

In such a situation I'd call in the big guns.

Send your wife in to do the dickering!

That'll show them pawn shop boys what's what!
Local shop had a European treasure but we could not make a deal. I kind of whined about it at the house. My lady could not take anymore and the next day she went to town and made a deal that saved me 60 bucks. Please note -- the rifle is gone and I still have the wife!

Back