• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pawn shop 1858

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FA4BF6FA-747B-4DBE-98C0-C510DD9471D6.jpeg
FA4BF6FA-747B-4DBE-98C0-C510DD9471D6.jpeg

It does look like my Euroarms. On mine it has markings on the other side of the barrel, and it should have proof marks and a date code on the other side of the frame. Can you take pics of the other side?

No exposed barrel threads at the rear of the barrel like the early Remingtons. All other '58 repros have exposed threads. Look for faint markings under the barrel above the loading lever. Quite possible a small circle with DGG in it. It's possible it was a kit gun and the markings were lost when it was finished. Yes, ASP kit guns were marked, I have one that was built by someone.

Sometimes that DGG mark is encircled, sometimes not, The one I have is very faint, not circled and is stacked almost on top of each other. Almost got to have an micro scope to see it. Under loading leaver, right up against the barrel..

Back