• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Paul Fieret Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle Build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would just like to mention after purchasing subject 45 Cal rifle from Paul through this forum a few months ago I am very pleased overall with the finish and function. I finally got to shoot it today. Squeezed off 18 shots using a rest. No miss fires/ flash in pan ignition perfect. I didn’t wipe it until second to last shot then they called the line. Shoots on center slightly left about 5 to 6 inches at 60 yards; grouped well for each point of aim. In a rush as usual didn’t have a punch and hammer to move the site to the right. Hope to try it again next week with any luck tomorrow. Overall very pleased with the gun he built from a Kibler Kit! Thanks Paul!

45 caliber Southern Mountain Rifle (circa 1820's) built from a Jim Kibler lock, stock and furniture with a Green Mountain Barrel. The stock is the finest of American Black Walnut finished with my own proprietary blend of dutch varnish and 100% pure tung oil with a final coat of Renaissance microcrystalline wax. The entire stock, inside and outside is completely sealed from the elements. The rifle has the appearance of an old but well cared for family heirloom. It will be perfectly at home hunting in the worst of weather or displayed above your fireplace mantle. This rifle is for sale.

DSCN0538 (2).jpg

1627424932709_DSCN0558.jpg

DSCN0551.jpg

received_179064800954944.jpeg

45 caliber Southern Mountain Rifle (circa 1820's) built from a Jim Kibler lock, stock and furniture with a Green Mountain Barrel. The stock is the finest of American Black Walnut finished with my own proprietary blend of dutch varnish and 100% pure tung oil with a final coat of Renaissance microcrystalline wax. The entire stock, inside and outside is completely sealed from the elements. The rifle has the appearance of an old but well cared for family heirloom. It will be perfectly at home hunting in the worst of weather or displayed above your fireplace mantle. This rifle is for sale.

DSCN0538 (2).jpg

1627424932709_DSCN0558.jpg

DSCN0551.jpg

received_179064800954944.jpeg
You say the rifle is for sale. What is the price please?

Nice looking rifle to be sure! FWIW, if younare trying to sell this you might consider moving or at least copying your ad to the firearm for sale section.
Guys ladies I’m not selling Hayes Cooper reached out to me to see pictures and get Paul’s contact. I tried to copy his original thread but didn’t do to good of job verifying what came over. I hope Paul is okay I emailed him asking if he would mind if I gave Hayes his contact info. Have not heard from him! With this damn COVID thing you don’t hear from someone you’re wondering hoping they are well. Anyway I guess I’ll ask the moderator to take it down in a few days if Paul doesn’t chime in soon. Sorry for confusion and thanks for the rifle compliments. Best to all! Hey a least I know there’s an interest.
Joe

Back