• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pattern for simple Shooting Bag?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you recommend a good source for these hides? Tandy doesn't have all these selections (and are often too expensive).
I often buy from Tandy because I have one very close to home. They are often too expensive, but, I have the top tier discount status, and, I wait and buy on sale. You could try the company I sent you regarding buying leather straps. And Artificer has a place he uses as well, maybe he will chime in with it here.

Google Uncle George's Leather and Kentucky Leather & Hide ..
they both have some great deals from time to time...goat,bison and such.

I often buy from Tandy because I have one very close to home. They are often too expensive, but, I have the top tier discount status, and, I wait and buy on sale. You could try the company I sent you regarding buying leather straps. And Artificer has a place he uses as well, maybe he will chime in with it here.

I do the same. They have a great black Friday sale every year. Now I am not a black Friday shopper and won't go near most retail establishments on that day. But, they open at their usual hour (usually 9 AM) and have some super deals on leather. The sale really is attended exclusively by their regular customers. Standing in the line waiting for the opening is a real pleasure. I always have great conversations with accomplished leather workers who are happy to share their knowledge.

Last year I bought three large sides. Two for $36 each and one for 40 something. The wife came across them a few days ago and I had some 'splainin to do! :)

BTW, if you are a veteran and take proof to the store with you you are eligible for the top tier discount level at no cost.

If you want to make bags, definitely get TC Alberts book to get you started. You will quickly see how simple it is to create your own patterns.

Back