• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Patriot Knock-Offs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No sir. Your pistol is Spanish made and is a 'Trapper' as sold by CVA/Traditions. It is not a Patriot. And other than caliber and similar overall size it has nothing in common the the totally TC designed & manufactured Patriot.
Actually it says Patriot right on the barrel. You can see it in the pic I posted - as sold by Ardessa, Spain, also plainly visible on the barrel in the pictures.

Attachments

• Patriot6.jpg
    Patriot6.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Patriot7.jpg
    Patriot7.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0
Then they just pirated the name. Still doesn't make it a 'Patriot' clone.
It outshoots most I have seen and excellent quality, too! But, thanks for your opinion. Honestly, I did not mean to side track this posting, I was merely trying to help. So, I will get off of my soapbox. Take care.

@OldSmoky1967 ,

No apologies necessary. You contributed to the discussion and to our fund of knowledge with regard to these guns. Your pistol does indeed have PATRIOT on the barrel, which makes things confusing. I would agree with @bubba.50 and @Gunny5821 regarding dates and the T/C guns, so it appears that Ardesa plagiarized the Patriot designation, just as riflemakers in Spain and Italy copied the T/C Hawken, in name and appearance. I think Ardesa also may have made some “Mountain Rifles,” borrowing the name from CVA.

I had never heard of a Spanish Patriot pistol before. Now we know they are out there. I don’t doubt that your pistol is a shooter, though. Several forum members have praised the quality and accuracy of their Ardesa rifles, despite the confusing names.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Last edited:
The barrel says Hijos de Arrizaga Eibar, Spain

Attachments

• 6D671877-052A-42A7-863B-A568B6A38E41.jpeg
    6D671877-052A-42A7-863B-A568B6A38E41.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 21945E4B-4492-4B78-8C28-B47BD0243EBE.jpeg
    21945E4B-4492-4B78-8C28-B47BD0243EBE.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 400D2C7A-81EF-479D-953B-A856A5D66630.jpeg
    400D2C7A-81EF-479D-953B-A856A5D66630.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 51F8A3E9-CA42-428D-AB18-60896B2038B2.jpeg
    51F8A3E9-CA42-428D-AB18-60896B2038B2.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
@OldSmoky1967 ,

No apologies necessary. You contributed to the discussion and to our fund of knowledge with regard to these guns. Your pistol does indeed have PATRIOT on the barrel, which makes things confusing. I would agree with @bubba.50 and @Gunny5821 regarding dates and the T/C guns, so it appears that Ardesa plagiarized the Patriot designation, just as riflemakers in Spain and Italy copied the T/C Hawken, in name and appearance. I think Ardesa also may have made some “Mountain Rifles,” borrowing the name from CVA.

I had never heard of a Spanish Patriot pistol before. Now we know they are out there. I don’t doubt that your pistol is a shooter, though. Several forum members have praised the quality and accuracy of their Ardesa rifles, despite the confusing names.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob
Notchy, It is very confusing, lol.

I was referred to someone who says they have a T/C Patriot Knock-Off. According to the owner, it is a .45 and the parts are interchangeable with the T/C. I saw a photo of each side. The stock has the same shape, the rear sight looks identical and the double set triggers look like clones.

So - who made T/C Patriot clones, or could this be a T/C with no markings or some replacement barrel (the owner says the barrel has "words" on it.

If there are known clones, is one better than another? What do I look for? How about pricing?

Thanks

The barrel says Hijos de Arrizaga Eibar, Spain
Boy howdy... Just when you think you've seen it all...

@Sparkitoff 's pistol does show a much closer resemblance to the T/C Patriot than the Ardesa pistol. Compared to the T/C Patriot, the Hijos de Arrizaga Eibar pistol has a different snail and the tail of the lock plate is different. Also, the ramrod pipe and side plate are much different from the T/C. If I remember correctly, T/C engineered the double set triggers opposite from the way these normally work, so the front trigger "sets," and the rear trigger trips the sear. This, I suppose, would be to put the hair trigger closer to the shooter's hand. The Arrizaga triggers look as if they would function in the usual way.

As for interchangeable parts, I'm a bit skeptical. The Arrizaga pistol could be mistaken for a Patriot from a little distance... From the lock side, anyway... but the differences are not hard to spot under scrutiny. It may be an approximate copy, but to me, a "clone" would be a near-exact reproduction. I would call it a copy, but not a clone.

In any event, I appreciate seeing this interesting imported pistol. Another one I had never heard of before.

Notchy Bob

I bought this to satisfy my curiosity. It does look like a Patriot from across a big table. In hand, there are a few differences that become apparent. The set trigger is the rearmost. It is made very well and the quality is apparent in fit/finish/details. This one is unfired but I think I’ll shoot it and see how it does.

Back