• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Patchbox

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dillon W.

40 Cal
Reaction score
Well I put a patchbox in my 50 GPR about 6 weeks ago. Couldn’t decide what to put in it. That oughta work

Attachments

• EE38ABCB-1F44-4F3B-A5B6-DE2226EAE5C2.jpeg
    EE38ABCB-1F44-4F3B-A5B6-DE2226EAE5C2.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 130
And it was my first time to do such a thing. I cut the stock with chisels and tried to do it the old way as much at possible. Only used a hand drill to put the holes in the metal. Chisels files and sand paper the rest of the way. I know it’s not perfect but it was my first time. And I think it’s beautiful lol!

Attachments

• 903C50CD-0CC8-45A1-ADD8-C3589D430F3A.jpeg
    903C50CD-0CC8-45A1-ADD8-C3589D430F3A.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 92
Nice looking work.
not to derail your post. Saw a lever action 30-30 last week that had a patchbox on it and at the time I wondered what they had in it.

Get the flintlock and you will never look back. I will grab a flintlock before a cap lock every time.

I’ve heard that so many times, I just gotta find out what all the rage is about. I’ve never even held a flinter. And I’ve only seen one in the glass case in the front of a Bass Pro Shop. But I have this creeping suspicion that I’ll fall in love with it.

So I think I’m going to get the TVM Tennessee rifle kit flintlock in 54 caliber.

Wow! That looks fantastic!

Where'd you get the patchbox?

I've got an Enfield musketoon copy that was a corporate award with an ugly brass plaque mounted in the stock. Thank goodness it's on the right side, so my only thought has been to dig it out and replace with a patch box. I think one like yours would be perfect!

Thanks dude! I got it from muzzleloaderbuilderssupply.com

it’s the hawken pineapple patchbox and the kit was pretty cheap too. You get the lid and the bigger metal piece and both springs for about $30. It even came with screws but they’re zinc plated Philips screws and to be honest they’re entirely too short. So you may want to pick up some solid brass slotted screws 1/2” in length

Latest posts

Back