• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Patch Lubes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the Awesome Murphy along with Lehigh Valley and Mr Flintlock lube. I can see no difference after hours on the line.
I still say that if you can buy the mixture at any Dollar Store or Walmart that's a mighty good reason to use it.

Totally Awesome ingredients are;

Orange Oil Blend
Ethoxylated Alcohol
Disodium Salt
Tetra Sodium EDTA
Hydroxy Sodium
Water

It has a very high PH, 12-13

For the spit patch, I used Beechnut chewing tabacco to help lubricate the cloth patch strips when at the range. Then I quit chewing baccy. :ghostly:
I too used to use a spit patch also when I used to chew RED MAN, GOD I used to love that BACCKY. it used to leave a lot of tobacco residue on the patch, but it shot out of the barrel with the load!

All kinds of stuff makes great patch lube. One of the better patch lubes is GoJo hand cleaner. GoJo is great for cleaning the bore too.
Being that I had some, fast orange hand cleaner probably works much the same way, and I have tried that and it's as good or better than some Patch lubes that I have bought.
Squint

is that most stinking, gagger cheese, LIMBERGER, TOE JAM CHEESE, also made in SWISTZERLAND? is it the most stinking of all cheese's?

I guess some people are squeamish? the powder doesn't care what is behind the ball and powder. common we are black powder shooters.

Back