• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Parts search gone bad

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to a gun show yesterday. I could not find; a bump stock for my brownbess musket, a high capacity magazine for my revolver or caps for my flintlock.
The Brown Bess I owned had a bump stock. After pouring powder down the bore, then bumping the stock butt on the ground once or twice the pan was charged (if you kept the pan closed). Really sped the reloading process up. Maybe the original bump stock?

Last edited:
I went to a gun show yesterday. I could not find; a bump stock for my brownbess musket, a high capacity magazine for my revolver or caps for my flintlock.
I hate when that happens. The money is burning a hole in your pocket and nowhere to quickly spend it before getting third degree burns.

Pretty sure they banned those brown Bess bump stocks because they will Blow the Lungs Clean out of the body. And nobody needs a high capacity Percussion magazine to hunt deer; deer only carry .22cal

I know how you feel. I looked online for a flash hider, full auto sear, bump stock, and high capacity magazines for my flinter. Seems like these vendors are all out of stock!

My state Rhode Island is on the cusp of banning high cap mags, with no buyback or grandfather provisions. If signed by the gov in 180 days we are all going to become outlaws. None of my numerous revolvers hold more than six so I’m good.

My state Rhode Island is on the cusp of banning high cap mags, with no buyback or grandfather provisions. If signed by the gov in 180 days we are all going to become outlaws. None of my numerous revolvers hold more than six so I’m good.
Kinda makes wonder what I could get for my 100rd drum.

Just try to find brass cases for a .50 flintlock longrifle! That failure alone is preventing me from shooting that rifle. Anyone got a few to sell?

Latest posts

Back