• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Partner Shoot!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
No, ya don't shoot yer partner! You and yer partner both shoot the same target! :grin:

Here's a chance to have some fun and maybe even make a new friend. Find a partner on the forum either thru PT or post's on this thread. Both partners will shoot the same target to be scored as a team. :thumbsup:

Contest Rules

The target will be a standard sheet of printer paper with an X drawn thru the center from corner to corner.

Traditional Muzzleloading Firearms only!

Patched round ball only.

Open sights only.

All shots are to be fired offhand at 50 yards.

Partner number one fires 2 shots at the target, writes his screen name and circles his shots on the back of the target, and mails it to his partner (number two).

Partner number two then fires 2 shots at the same target, writes his screen name on the back, and forwards the target to my P.O. box for scoring.

Targets will be scored by measuring the distance from the center of each shot to the center of the X and adding all 4 shots together for the score.

In case of a tie, the tied teams will have a shoot-off following the expired contest date.

Targets must be postmarked by March 31, 2009 and received by April 10,2009 to be eligible.

Targets that are ripped or mutilated beyond scoring, or targets showing more than 4 shots will be disqualified.

Targets with more than half the roundballs hole off the edge of the paper will be disqualified.(Judges Discretion)

example;
halfoff.jpg

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Mail entries to;

Jim Green
P.O. Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

Who's in?

I have a question, what if partner #2 (using a larger caliber) shoots directly over partner #1's roundball hole?

What are the odds of that? :confused:

To play it safe, partner #2 better make a photostat copy of parther #1's shots prior to shooting, just in case.

Then again, if partner #2 uses a small caliber he could shoot clean through partner #1's roundball hole and think he missed the paper completely.

I only suggest this because we have such great shooters here on the forum. :grin:

GW, try and don't do that this time. :haha:

grizz, if I was gonna shoot, and wanted to win, I'd dang sure join up with you. I seen yer last target. :wink:
Fer some reason I just don't think it'd look fair tho. :hmm:

Arrgh, Musketman, I never thoughta that... I s'pose it could happen. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Partner(s) number two, Please tape or staple another sheet of printer paper to the back of the target before you shoot! That oughta do it. :thumbsup:

I'll do this one.. Now that I got me a gun :haha: :grin:

Alrighty :thumbsup: :hmm: Ya trust my shootin?? :haha:

Roy,
These matches are mostly for grins so I will not be mercinary !! Are you going to Ty's at the end of the month? If so I will bring my target there saving postage!
:thumbsup:

Like this idea. Need a partner.
And....it's cold here in north PA. It was 7 deg. on Sunday A.M.. I might be shaking more than normal.
Pete

I'm looking for a partner if one doesn't mind that I'm from the other side of the big pond.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Yep I'll be there.. What cal are ya shootin? I will probably have to put a backer piece of paper on your target :haha:

Ok Jethro,

This sounds interesting. :wink: I need a partner, so anyone want to hook up with a central Ohio boy we'll give it a try. :thumbsup: Anyone interested let me know, and do you want to shoot first or second? :hmm: Should be an interesting contest. Thanks for keeping things interesting Jethro, this is one I would not have thought of. :hatsoff:

Take care, see ya, Jim/OH :grin:

Hey guys...I'm baa-aack. Sounds like fun Jethro. Been workin dark to dark every day of the week but I'm fixin to have a whole one day a week off. Anyone want to partner up with the old mountainman?

There's 3 good shooters still looking for partners??? :confused: Somebody better sign up with 'em while they still can!
Pete D, Jim/OH, and Mountainman56 are all good choices for a partner in a shootin' match!

Back