• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Partner Shoot. Oct. - Nov. 2014

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Ok. I promised to get this started so here are the basics.

1.Find a partner who is a member here on the forum.
2.Player one shoots ONE shot at a blank sheet of typing/printer paper, offhand, at a distance of 50 yards. Try to hit as close to center of the paper as possible with NO AIMING POINTS! Circle your shot with a pen or pencil.
3.Player one mails target to player two.
4.Player two shoots 5 shots at the target, offhand, at a distance of 25 yards. Try to hit player one's hole.
5.Player 2 writes both player one and player two's screen names on the target and mails the target to me.
6. I score the target. Player one's shot will be measured from center of hole to center of target. Player 2's shots will be measures using the center of player one's shot as the center of target. All measurements will be added together for the final score.
7. Get these postmarked on their way to me by December 1st.
8. All heckling is encouraged. :haha:

All the blah-blah fine-print rules will be posted here later. You all know 'em anyway and I gotta go for now. This should get you started.
Be safe, have fun, shoot straight. :hatsoff:

Fine-print rules as promised;

One target entry per team.

6 shots per target.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 6 holes will be disqualified.

No do-overs.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading rifles (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition. (you can use a smoothbore or pistol if you would like)

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each teams score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen names must be written on your targets.

Mail your target postmarked by December 1, 2014 to;

Jim Green
P.O.Box 322
Pekin, IL 61555

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

So, do I want to be the 1st shot, and maybe have to send a blank sheet of typing paper with a hole way down in a corner or some such :redface:

:hmm: Or do I shoot 2nd & maybe get a target shot dead center by the other guy & now I have to try to poke 5 holes near his....

:surrender: Your a cruel man Jethro

I'm game anybody around north Alabama or Southern Tennessee willing to take a chance on this ole Law Dog

I've just sent a PM to 58 caliber, Jethro asking if he'll join me for this contest. After our "Toe the Line" finish, there's no place for us to go, but up (at least that's the theory)! :grin:

Well MDK_WV was 7th last round, and I was 10th. Put that together and ya got 17, and as best I remember about being 17 we knew everything & could do anything.... so watch out :blah:

:haha: My brain still keeps thinking I'm 17 until my bones remind me that was a loooonnnggg time ago. And it's amazing what all I forgot since then.

Sean and myself will challenge the other partner teams to the longest distance between shots. As a team we will be shooting roughly 1,360 miles between shots. Anyone other partner teams shooting a longer distance?

I'll shoot 1st or second. :doh: We have no screwpoles. :slap: Me an my voice will compromise,...or what ever. If'n summon gots no screwpoles also, drop us a PM and spit converson at us. If'n yaint particalur, lets get makin' some smoke 'n' holes!! Oh yeh!!! Any one know, "Who's Zah?" :idunno: Brits keep on a asking that question after their battles an such, an we can't find out no hows on who he is.

We have two declared teams for this shoot now;
Maven and 58 Caliber
Sean Gadhar and MDK_WV

And there are 3 singles looking for a partner;
showtime
Mad Irish Jack ODonnell
Morb

Start sendin' out them PTs.

Morb,

If you don't yet have a partner, I team-up with you. I'll send you a PT.

George

I shot the target yesterday. Did pretty good -- which means I hit the paper off-hand at 50 yards. Actually not too far from center. It is on its way to Maven. We may try and fight our way out of last place..... :blah: :rotf:

Henry Morrison said:
Showtime and I are teamed up

:thumbsup:

Looks like George and Morb may be a team too.

Now Mad Jack needs a partner. ...other than the voices in his head. :wink: He's a pretty good shot. Jack, not the voice...

Any other teams that want to play are more than welcome too. The more the better. If you don't have a partner, there are 27800+ members you can try and talk into it.

Back